Jump to content
TGGRRR (Ali)

What a great week and an idea for next year

Recommended Posts

OK, the mice were bad in our cabin, that was not fun but other than that. Best weather ever on a Dragon week. I had a blast driving other people's MINIs and playing with everyone. It was fun and exhausting as usual.

 

Sierra and I have an idea for next year to get DCMM folks to do our own paint time. We'll do it our way by figuring out the costs and having people pitch in. Buy canvases, some paint and brushes (or bring your own brushes). Then submit a picture to me and I'll get it traced onto the canvas in advance.

 

We're trying to get a better cabin for next year so we could do it on our porch with a view of the mountains.

 

Anyone interested?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy to help especially if it's just DCMM (or friends of DCMM). I'm having Spaghetti Dinner flashbacks with tons of people wandering in and out of the cabin. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, GreenCactus said:

I'm happy to help especially if it's just DCMM (or friends of DCMM). I'm having Spaghetti Dinner flashbacks with tons of people wandering in and out of the cabin. 

yeah, not a la spaghetti dinner. More like cabin dwellers and the regulars that come visit. That's IT!!!

Like you, me, Craig, Sierra, Hilary, Corinne, Brandy, Celia etc....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am willing to rock a Bob Ross outfit for this

1 minute ago, TGGRRR (Ali) said:

yeah, not a la spaghetti dinner. More like cabin dwellers and the regulars that come visit. That's IT!!!

Like you, me, Craig, Sierra, Hilary, Corinne, Brandy, Celia etc....

 

What the hell, I don't get an invite. Guess my Bob Ross outfit and HAPPY LITTLE A** why go elsewhere. LOL

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 1975_mini said:

I am willing to rock a Bob Ross outfit for this

What the hell, I don't get an invite. Guess my Bob Ross outfit and HAPPY LITTLE A** why go elsewhere. LOL

Of course you're welcome to join us Corey @1975_mini see I have the etc.... for all the people that I forgot but you know you are invited

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see us do some "club run" sign ups for us to hang out together a little more next year. It was difficult to pull things together off the cuff because electronic communications was extremely limited unless you were sitting in Fontana waiting by your radio. =)

I will be working on that for next year.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wyretrip said:

I would love to see us do some "club run" sign ups for us to hang out together a little more next year. It was difficult to pull things together off the cuff because electronic communications was extremely limited unless you were sitting in Fontana waiting by your radio. =)

I will be working on that for next year.

We do need a few club events. The club used to host a run but that was a lot of work. We used to do a Monday night club potluck, but it grew huge and became the Early Birds dinner at the Hub.

The hardest part about the club events can be when some people arrive later and others are earlier. Once the event is rolling it's hard to get people together.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were a few years where Katie hosted a DCMM "party" at her cabin on Wednesday after the Welcome Dinner. That was usually fun and lower key than a run. Of course, a run that's just our group and isn't advertised to the public wouldn't be as stressful. It could be more of a "drive to this place and do something" than an a "plan the twistiest run to the craziest place possible" run. I like the boat idea that I saw somewhere on Facebook, too. 

Maybe we could get some carrier pigeons to help with the communication issues? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2018 at 10:42 AM, 1975_mini said:

I am willing to rock a Bob Ross outfit for this

What the hell, I don't get an invite. Guess my Bob Ross outfit and HAPPY LITTLE A** why go elsewhere. LOL

YAS Bob Ross cosplay! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×