hbk4eva

Wanting to spice up my Mini..looking for help

Hi everyone!

I'm brand new to the site and i'm extremely excited. I'm looking at changing the interior of my mini in regards to the technology portion and and my sound. Can someone tell me where to go for that? Also.....THANKS!

Hi everyone!

I'm brand new to the site and i'm extremely excited. I'm looking at changing the interior of my mini in regards to the technology portion and and my sound. Can someone tell me where to go for that? Also.....THANKS!

I had a lot of success with Crutchfield for the component speakers, head unit, amp and under seat sub that is in my R52.

They provided detailed instructions and phone support if you needed to clarify something during install.

Would use them again for sure..

Devin

signature-final.png

Is there much you can do with a second gen to the sound? I know it's all integrated.

I believe if it's just the standard radio, it can still be replaced (I've seen black plastic filling the spaces where the controls and the wide display usually are, with a single or double DIN head unit below the speedo where the CD slot usually is). Not sure about Nav/Connected.

Here's the dash kit that's available with the double-din opening: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120999309/Metra-99-9309-Dash-Kit.html?tp=3121

There was someone in DCMM who did this a few years ago with a 2nd gen. I remember him saying it was a huge pain and it never really worked right. Unfortunately, he's not on DCMM anymore to ask.

I'm sure part of the equation is whether you have the Harman/Kardon upgrade or not... there's a separate amplifier and additional speakers with that upgrade, and the issue is likely whether the amp communicates over the CAN-BUS network like so many other things in our cars do (i.e. turn on the radio, a CAN-BUS message gets sent to the amp to turn on, rather than just an electrical signal). If it works that way then I can see an aftermarket system not working right unless you also replaced that H/K amp.

One of the reasons why i want to get out of my Mini is the sound system. this gave me an idea but haven't done anything about it. Best Buy can get the dash kits etc.

2k10 Mini Cooper S (R56) 6sp, Coilover suspension, K&N Intake, Alta hotside, Stoptech Rotors, 17" white wheels w/ Conti DW, and resonator delete, S42 turbo upgrade, upgraded intercooler, tuned 250whp.

2k9 Lexus RX350 AWD, Classic Metallic, Sirius radio.

2k8 Audi R8, 4.2, Silver Metallic, StaSis Exhaust, MPSS tires, Sirius radio (Totalled)

2k14 Audi R8 5.2 Suzuka Grey, Larini Exhaust, MPSS tires, Sirius, K&N Filters w/ silicoln sleeve and tuned.