hennigm

Cordless impact wrenches and drills

So I have a nice heavy duty Dewalt impact driver, perfect for removing lug nuts, too big , heavy and bulky for most anything else. What do the DIY folks use? Im looking for a small impact wrench and driver to make removing screws, bolts easier than using the socket set.

Whats the popular item for this?

So I have a nice heavy duty Dewalt impact driver, perfect for removing lug nuts, too big , heavy and bulky for most anything else. What do the DIY folks use? Im looking for a small impact wrench and driver to make removing screws, bolts easier than using the socket set.

Whats the popular item for this?

I have the Chicago brand cordless impact wrench from harbor freight, it works well for light jobs and through lugs. So in your own garage projects. Can't beat the price, and has a warranty.

Harbor freights return policy is like sears used to be, "i broke it, go grab another"

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

That's what I picked up today, driver and drill, real small, 12VDC. 54$ and 44$ each. I saw some really nice Dewalt ones at HD, they were 129$ and 99$... We will see how the Chicago ones hold up. Harbor Freight is awesome, store up in Winchester VA is the one I went to. Vehicle lifts , tools etc...Great prices.

That's what I picked up today, driver and drill, real small, 12VDC. 54$ and 44$ each. I saw some really nice Dewalt ones at HD, they were 129$ and 99$... We will see how the Chicago ones hold up. Harbor Freight is awesome, store up in Winchester VA is the one I went to. Vehicle lifts , tools etc...Great prices.

I am a big fan, I have not had quality issue with them. When I have broke tools it was usually from misuse. Like hitting the bolt on a ball-joint separator with an impact gun, splitting the separator. Walking told the guy at the counter it broke. He took one look and jokingly said you know you are not supposed to use an impact on that. I said you should not paint it black them. He responses good point just go grab another one.

I can not justify paying 3 times as much for craftsman or 10 times as much for Snap-On.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

While I have air at home, I also have a Dewalt cordless driver, and a Matco 1/4" one too... The Dewalt is nice for sending screws into wood, and smaller nuts/bolts on a car. The Matco driver, I actually slap an adapter on so i can use 3/8" sockets with it, because it's so strong...

To follow up on the harbor freight Chicago tool impact wrench. I used it to replace the hub on my 528i. Unbelievably it broke the 4 wheel bearing bolts loose, small enough to work in the wheel well. Great tool cant beat the price, huge time saver...And BTW You Tube has everything on it, hub replacement everything..I have to replace my Tie rods due to frozen condition, Sterling mini wanted 600+, parts online are 120, labor will be free from me....And guess what, its on you tube...

The Matco driver, I actually slap an adapter on so i can use 3/8" sockets with it, because it's so strong...

How does that hold up for running lug nuts on and off? Im assuming you use something to break the bolts free first?

Brian

2006 British racing green with black roof.