chess

Hey Fellas

Jut a guy looking at buying a used 04-06 Cooper S, 6Spd....

Ive looked at a few, and havent found anyone really trying to deal....

I am way down in Southern Maryland (California, MD) area to be exact.

Hope to chat more with yall !

Cheers

I don't have any leads to give you, but I would recommend concentrating on an 05 or 06 instead of an 02-04. The reason is simple - in 2005, MINI did a "refresh" of the MINI, making a bunch of subtle but often important changes. The 05/06 are better built MINIs over their predecessors.

There are a few key visual cues to quickly identify pre-refresh from post-refresh 1st Gens, just to be sure you know what you're getting. The most obvious one, from the outside - the reverse lights. If there is one reverse light and it's in the middle of the bumper, then it's an 02-04 pre-refresh. If there are 2 reverse lights, each in the bottom of the tail lights, then it is an 05+ post-refresh (includes 05/06 for R50/R53 hardtops, or 05-08 for the R52 convertible).

Another indicator is the interior clock. if there is a clock pod in the headliner, dead in the middle (in front of the rear-view mirror), then it's a 02-04 pre-refresh. They moved the clock inside the OBC display (inside the speedo) in the 05+ refreshed models.

Finally, the dash. 5-piece dash in 02-04, 3-piece dash in 05+.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I might be able to help. What are you looking for a hardtop or convertible? What kind of budget are you working with? How soon are you looking to purchase?

I am way down in Southern Maryland (California, MD) area to be exact.

Hope to chat more with yall !

Cheers

06' R53 Pure Silver on Silver ,LSD, 16% WMW Pulley, DDMWorks CAI, Airtec Intercooler, Milltek Non-Resonated Catback, JCW R112s, JCW Grills, M7 strut plates, LEAP Alpha C extension, AtomSpeed Hood Scoop, TRC Lip Spoiler.

I might be able to help. What are you looking for a hardtop or convertible? What kind of budget are you working with? How soon are you looking to purchase?

Hey man.... doesn't matter id probably prefer hardtop over that...

Budget... depends.... I have been looking on craigslist and i see 04-06 from 3750-7k.... so that price range....

How soon, doesn't matter I mean tomorrow or today..

I had one local to me, but they wanted 3k, wouldn't get the inspection done, I saw when they had it done it needed new front rotors, brake pads, and a rear caliper to be replaced. All which I can do, but then the dreaded CEL lights were on,and I looked them up. They weren't willing to budge, nor get it inspected like I said above... It was a deal killer!!

I don't have any leads to give you, but I would recommend concentrating on an 05 or 06 instead of an 02-04. The reason is simple - in 2005, MINI did a "refresh" of the MINI, making a bunch of subtle but often important changes. The 05/06 are better built MINIs over their predecessors.

There are a few key visual cues to quickly identify pre-refresh from post-refresh 1st Gens, just to be sure you know what you're getting. The most obvious one, from the outside - the reverse lights. If there is one reverse light and it's in the middle of the bumper, then it's an 02-04 pre-refresh. If there are 2 reverse lights, each in the bottom of the tail lights, then it is an 05+ post-refresh (includes 05/06 for R50/R53 hardtops, or 05-08 for the R52 convertible).

Another indicator is the interior clock. if there is a clock pod in the headliner, dead in the middle (in front of the rear-view mirror), then it's a 02-04 pre-refresh. They moved the clock inside the OBC display (inside the speedo) in the 05+ refreshed models.

Finally, the dash. 5-piece dash in 02-04, 3-piece dash in 05+.

Edge: You are the man... Thanks so much boss... I will look at going that route then !.

Much Appreciated !!!

Edge: You are the man... Thanks so much boss... I will look at going that route then !.

Much Appreciated !!!

Edge is our resident encyclopedia on MINI.:top:
Very kind of you... but it's only remotely true for 1st Gens. My detailed knowledge drops off considerably with 2nd & 3rd Gens... of which I can mostly only speak to my experiences driving them (mostly loaners, with a bit of added seat time from generous fellow MINI owners thrown in).

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129