TGGRRR (Ali)

MTTB 7 parade

I was at Passport today when David showed me that Landmark Mall had filled our usual gathering location with cars. They are working on the garages and all of the cars are moved out to the lots. If it is like this in 2 weeks there's no way we can all park there

Never fear!!!

David said they'll make it work so that we can all park at Passport and your planning team is coming up with a plan to make this work

I think the hardest part will be getting out of the lot. There's going to be a right and then a left at the light. We've never had to do this so we're going to work on it and will just make the best of it.

I will create a route sheet for this scenario

The good news is they are going to offer a prize for the best decorated MINI in the Veterans Day theme

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Update on Parking. The stored cars are in the area where we usually gather but there are no cars in front of Sears where customers usually park. Since we're leaving before the mall even opens we will park the MINIs and stage in front of Sears, not at Passport and not on the side where we usually do

Tggrrr010.jpg

My uncle will be joining us with his mini and i have a +1 on my rsvp, is that ok or do i need to do more?

[only asking cause you guys are asking for an accurate head(car) count]

That's fine. We're mostly worried about people at the lunch

We know we'll get cars that we don't know about and we expect it.

Thanks for letting us know though

Tggrrr010.jpg

I'm going to be asking for volunteers to help out if the line gets broken up at the first light.

We have pace cars and will try to use them first but there are times when someone new winds up at the front of the line and gets that deer in the headlights look that they're about to lead. What I'd like to do is ask anyone that gets into that situation to not proceed all the way to the light and to signal to Catalina and Hilary who will then attempt to find someone in the line that doesn't mind jumping to the front.

We might still get broken up again merging onto 395 but this is the best we can do.

Anyone want to let me know now that you can help out?

Tggrrr010.jpg

The shirts are in and they look awesome!! :) If you paid for shipping I'll send them out Thursday (since tomorrow is a holiday). The rest can pick them up at the event. See you then!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

HOONIGAN

Manic stage 2+, H&R springs, H-Sport 19mm sway bar, K&N intake, Forge Bov, Miltek downpipe, Mini Challenge Exhaust, Alta hotside pipe, Noname Intercooler, Cravenspeed short shifter, Sneed4speed Billyclub, Sneed4speed Aero Package, Sneed4speed

ETR, Sneed4speed track rotors, Carbontech AX6 brake pads

Lots of people coming which is awesome

If you plan to donate do it online before you come, and we'll give you a full arm's length of raffle tickets

https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/FundraisingPage.aspx?registrationID=3144745&langPref=en-CA%23&panel1-1

We will not be able to take credit cards at the event!!!!

we will take cash and checks made out to

Operation Second Chance

Tggrrr010.jpg

I'm really excited because after months of emails and follow ups I heard back from Alexandria Police and they are going to send an officer to help us get out of the parking lot as long as they aren't busy with an emergency

Awesome!

Out of curiosity, do people generally bring 2-way radios (walkie talkies) to these?

2006 Mini Cooper S

I made an update to the timeline as we must be ready to get out of the parking lot at 9:00

8:00 - 8:30 – Registration

Park at Landmark Mall / Sears parking lot – across the street from Passport MINI

8:30 - Group picture

8:40 - announce winner of best decorated MINI

8:45 – Driver’s Meeting

Landmark Mall / Sears parking lot – across the street from Passport MINI

9:00 – Departure

HWY 395S to 495 followed by one counter clockwise loop around the beltway.

Exit at Braddock Rd. (we're 1 exit short of the full loop but trying to avoid traffic from the Redskins game at 1:00)

IF you are late for registration just come to the cars and you can register at the end, don't stress about it, motor on!

Tggrrr010.jpg

For those of us who don't currently have a two-way radio but want to try and pick up a pair prior to Sunday after reading this…is there one this group would recommend that works well between cars? Thanks!!

Erin

Ms. Mini is my beloved 2010 British Racing Green Cooper S

ErinHime said:
For those of us who don't currently have a two-way radio but want to try and pick up a pair prior to Sunday after reading this…is there one this group would recommend that works well between cars? Thanks!!

Try this thread: 2-Way Radio w/Sub Channels

http://dcmetrominis.org/forum/topic/2241-2-way-radio-wsub-channels/?do=findComment&comment=27239

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Looks like I don't have permission to view that thread…wanted to confirm that if I get something Motorola it will work for this...

Motorola works great, there's a lot of brands that work for our purposes. You want to be sure that you get one that can handle sub channels. This way you can talk to us if you want to.

Tggrrr010.jpg