ZugZugMcD

Not really a mod, but...

I've always hated having that big white EZ Pass stuck to my windshield. Sure I could have put it somewhere else and more out of sight...

But I still had a little bit left in my can of Plasti-Dip :rock:

Before:

3740528897_be6db42f18.jpg

After:

3740530143_dc80ff7be2.jpg

Yes...very dirty car :eek:

Edited by ZugZugMcD

2009 MINI Cooper S Clubman

If you don't have a sunroof, that's an excellent mod!

If you do have a sunroof, you can hide your EZ Pass in the rear sunroof. Works great! Out of sight, out of mind. I also covered mine in black electrical tape, to make it even more hidden. I wanted to paint it, but the sensor is still the property of VDOT, and when you return it (after the battery dies), they expect it back in original condition or they'll charge you a bunch for it! Found that out when I was visiting their offices and someone else tried to return theirs when it was covered in permanent marker (to black it out). They made the guy either pay for it, or take it home to clean it up. :laugh:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Excellent concealment!:top:

Does it still function?

Yes it still works.

Perhaps we have different policies in MD. When the battery died on my wife's EZ Pass, she just received a replacement. And now we can pick them up at the grocery store...

I like the sunroof idea! :idea:

I'm in love with Plasti-dip for this reason.

Ha! :top: Works great! I blacked out my grill and headlight trim late last year. It's starting to show small chips now but instead of adding another coat to cover, I bought some gloss black vinyl.

Perhaps we have different policies in MD. When the battery died on my wife's EZ Pass, she just received a replacement. And now we can pick them up at the grocery store...
That's probably it. Here in VA we have Smart Tag. They are compatible ever since they linked the systems, but it seems they administer them differently.
I like the sunroof idea! :idea:
I wish I could claim originality... but I can't. :smile:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I wanted to paint it, but the sensor is still the property of VDOT, and when you return it (after the battery dies), they expect it back in original condition or they'll charge you a bunch for it!

Guess I'll have to find a can of sky blue paint in a couple of years. :)

--Dan

Mach V

FastMINI.net

Haemish, that still works with the vinyl on the sunroof? Cool.

If it isn't something you use everyday, they make suction cup mounts for it. I leave mine in the glove box til I need it, then just stick it to the windshield when I go on a trip.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]