Lt. Dan

OBD no communication

So, I need to get the Emissions done on my R53. I hooked up my scan tool to check and make sure it was ready to go... Well- I have no communication with through the OBD port!!! The good news is that the engine is running great, and I have no check engine light. Hoping this is something pretty simple- Anybody local run into this issue before?

To sort of piggy back off of this thread... and to try and make long story short. The reset function on my onboard computer is not responding *scratches head*... I had brakes/rotors and sensor recently replaced on R56 (with the help of private individual, not dealership)... Front brake sensor light recently came on after turning off (post-new brakes) and I followed MiniMania's instructions online on how to reset it. It reset successfully and stayed off for a while... But as of yesterday it's on again and following those same instructions it doesn't seem to want to reset or go away... Any insight? Brakes feel solid.

To sort of piggy back off of this thread... and to try and make long story short. The reset function on my onboard computer is not responding *scratches head*... I had brakes/rotors and sensor recently replaced on R56 (with the help of private individual, not dealership)... Front brake sensor light recently came on after turning off (post-new brakes) and I followed MiniMania's instructions online on how to reset it. It reset successfully and stayed off for a while... But as of yesterday it's on again and following those same instructions it doesn't seem to want to reset or go away... Any insight? Brakes feel solid.

hopefully the new sensor did not get kinked, it is just a copper wire in there and if it gets damaged it an cause the light to kick on. If you still have the old sensor cut the wire, strip and expose the two copper wires, then twist together. plug it back into the port and reset. it the light goes off the sensor is bad.

I replaced brandy's and like a week later something on the road kicked up and broke it again. i cut it, twisted, and heat wrapped it. not dealing with it again.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels