Goose

Love the Car, Hate the Headlamps

So, I've put 10K on the little beast since March. Love, love, love it...but I'm getting to the point where I'd really like to switch out the stock halogens for Xenons. Does anyone have an idea as to the best way of going about this? Obviously I don't want to void the warranty but the cost of OEM units are possibly prohibitive. I may not have a choice but to keep the units I have...but if you don't ask you don't get, right?

Anyone have any ideas? :idea:

Grey Goose: 2016 F56 Moonwalk Grey JCW - TTFS/GTPeace Custom Stage 1 (Present)
Shadow: 2011 R56 HT MB/MB - MANIC Stage 1 (Past)

There's a genuine MINI upgrade kit available, IIRC about $800.

quirk - '12 CR MCS 6m, WP, MR, HK. Conti DWS, Kosei K4R, Hardened NM TA insert, NM strut bar, Rennline skidplate, WMW heat shield, Philips X-treme, OEM Lumbars, mudflaps & black trim, free camber mod, WeatherTech mats, RearGuard...

Thanks for the responses. I realize HIDs are the quick and cheap answer but I think I'll go the way of the genuine MINI upgrade if it is truly only $800 (I realize this doesn't include labor). I'll browse eBay also to see what I can find.

Thanks for the responses. I realize HIDs are the quick and cheap answer but I think I'll go the way of the genuine MINI upgrade if it is truly only $800 (I realize this doesn't include labor). I'll browse eBay also to see what I can find.

im not sure if the computer has to be programmed but the insytall is easy

2010 Mini Copper S *Stg 2 Battle Tuned*

2006 Jeep Liberty Renegade

PMoA quoted me 500 per headlamp and between 260 - 390 in labor. At least I have the part numbers. I can see if I can get those headlamps any less than that.

These are plug and play in 2009 or newer according the those that have installed them on NAM.

http://www.waymotorworks.com/xenon-headlight-retrofit-kit-r55-r56-r57-r58-r59.html

If OEM are 500 a piece from PMoA. You would paying the same but save the cost of labor.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

These are plug and play in 2009 or newer according the those that have installed them on NAM.

http://www.waymotorworks.com/xenon-headlight-retrofit-kit-r55-r56-r57-r58-r59.html

If OEM are 500 a piece from PMoA. You would paying the same but save the cost of labor.

Awesome. Thanks for the link. I'll definitely look into this further on NAM.

Get the OEM lights, do the install yourself and MikeV can do the programming for you. It WILL throw a code and based upon others experience, the HID lights WILL NOT work until the car is coded for them.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold