1975_mini

Transmission Fluid change

Before someone tells me that BMW/MINI says the transmission is a lifetime sealed system, I am aware the the fluid is the everlasting gobstopper of fluids.

Brandy's R56 has the automatic transmission and just crossed 80k miles. The transmission feels a bit sluggish shifting from time to time. So I have decided to replace the filter and do a fluid change.

I have done a little research and seen videos on the BMW transmission, and it all seems pretty straight forward. Has anyone done this before and have any tips or pitfalls to watch out for?

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Change it super easy and also its not a life time fluid. I don't know if the auto trans has two bolts that let fluid pass, but if it does open the top Bolt first then bottom. This will help with the oil pouring out smoothly. If you only undo the bottom you won't be able to undo the top bolt amd will have to tow to poa.

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

Us the mtl kind of oil. it's a white bottle with a yellow sticker And has red writing on it.

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

I was actually told by Passport to bring fluid if I don't want the dealer stuff. But I'm also changing my clutch so maybe that's why? I'm getting Royal Purple.

is it bc you want to feel ROYAL royal ?:biggrin:

You're a weirdo. Remind me why we're friends again?

Um bc it's me, your life would not be complete with out me.

Well after going down the rabbit's hole that is 3309 ATF, i believe that I have come to the conclusion to use Valvoline MaxLife Dexron / Mercon Automatic Transmission Fluid for the fuild change. It meet all the specs for 3309, but is a longer lasting better quality fluid.

Anyone think this is a horrible idea, I now open to floor for verbal assualts and opinions.:ridinghorse:

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels