TGGRRR (Ali)

Toys for Tots drive

This is still in the planning stages but I wanted to get it out there.

We are planning a Toys for Tots drive on Sat Dec 14, probably midday.

We are coordinating with the local dealerships to have them become designated Toys for Tots drop off locations and on the 14th we will arrive in small groups at one of the four local dealers. We're not taking all of the MINIs to all of the dealers. We will create groups of MINIs to go to each dealer.

Participating dealerships are

Annapolis

Alexandria

Montgomery County

We'll pick up the toys and then meet at a central location to all caravan to the drop off location

When you RSVP please indicate the dealer that works best for you to meet at. Hopefully we'll have an fairly even distribution of MINIs per dealer.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

We currently have both Passport dealers Alexandria and MoCo on board. We are waiting to hear back from Sterling and about to chat with Annapolis.

This should be a fun event. I think we have four drive leaders from the planning but I'd love to hear confirmation.

Ali

Catalina

Laura

Tyler

Looking forward to a fun event

Any gifts you donate must be unwrapped

Tggrrr010.jpg

We currently have both Passport dealers Alexandria and MoCo on board. We are waiting to hear back from Sterling and about to chat with Annapolis.

This should be a fun event. I think we have four drive leaders from the planning but I'd love to hear confirmation.

Ali

Catalina

Laura

Tyler

Looking forward to a fun event

Any gifts you donate must be unwrapped

I (or Sara) have no issues being a lead driver.

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Boxes have been picked up and I delivered four (2 for PMoA and 2 for MoMoCo) at PMoA. PMoA was gracious enough to offer to get the to boxes to MoMoCo.

I still have four more that could go to MoS and MoA, but Ali thinks MoA has box(es).

I've let SSgt Perez the Toys for Tots coordinator know we will be delivering the toys on Dec 14th.

Signature.JPG

I stopped by PMoA yesterday and they have so few toys. Haemish and I dropped off about 8 toys on Friday night. Asside from some MINI toys (the cartoon ones with the eyes.... this came from the parts dept)... that was it. I reached out to the PMoA and PMoMoCo facebook person (she does both) and she did post on facebook that they are collecting toys until the 14th of December.

Signature.JPG

Have any of the details for how this is going to work (timing, where we're going, etc) been finalized?

I haven't heard back from Sterling and I did ping them a few days ago. At this point I will assume we have 3 dealers. I'll call them all around Thurs to see if they have toys to pick up.

I know Tyler and Catalina will be at the board meeting on Sat, so I was hoping that we could iron out the final details then.

My thought is a midday run to a dealer, meet up somewhere, caravan to the Marine's and deliver. Should take no more then 2 hours.

I figure I'll be going to Annapolis, I think we need a volunteer for MoCo

Tggrrr010.jpg

Here is the current plan

Each team will meet at their dealership and then we will all meet at the gas station in National Harbor at 11:00. The station is right as you enter National Harbor.

We will then caravan to the base. We have a carpool plan that will get everyone on to the base. IF you are feeling extra ambitious after we drop off toys you can help assemble bikes.

I may get some of this wrong since Catalina has the notes. So here's what I remember.

Annapolis - Catalina and Ali (Catalina will get us onto the base)

Mo Co - Ray (Sara will get them onto the base, back up plan in the works)

Alexandria - Laura and Tyler (Tyler will get them onto the base)

If Sterling gets back to us we'll figure out how to get there.

If others want to join in please RSVP and let us know which dealership you want to help with.

If you can't help out but want to donate toys, please bring an unwrapped gift to Annapolis, MoCo or Alexandria before Saturday.

Edited by Poison Ivy
removed Sterling, corrected Ray's logistics

Tggrrr010.jpg

The National Harbor area is so new that I can't find the Sunoco on Google Maps. They don't recognize National Harbor as a city so you have to put in Oxon Hill as the town. The satellite doesn't show the gas station yet.

But I know it's right near the beltway and it's the only gas station that I can find for National Harbor

Tggrrr010.jpg