tampadave

Delivery of my Roadster!

My '14 MCS Roadster arrived at the Baltimore VDC 18 hours ago. VDC estimates call for delivery on Monday, but my MA (MINI of Sterling) says it may be Saturday. Anyone care to guess the delivery date based on their experience?

2014 Roadster S: Pepper White; Black Seats; 6 Speed Manual; JCW Ext. Package; Chrome Driving Lamps; City Pack; 17" Cross Spoke Challenge Wheels, etc. Ordered: Aug 17th. Name: "John Bull" (the British Uncle Sam)

My '14 MCS Roadster arrived at the Baltimore VDC 18 hours ago. VDC estimates call for delivery on Monday, but my MA (MINI of Sterling) says it may be Saturday. Anyone care to guess the delivery date based on their experience?

I had mine within a day....

the weather has been awesome; I hope she arrives soon!!!!

Assuming there are no issues and nothing to be installed at the port, I wouldn't be surprised if it arrived at the dealer tomorrow morning...

My Countryman was off the ship and rolled off the transporter at Classic MINI outside of Cleveland in 24 hours, with Classic being a 6 and a half hour drive from Baltimore (actually probably longer in a truck... :wink: )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The MA sent me a "screen shot" of the Vehicle Inquiry Status Report, which contained the delivery estimate of Monday 10/7. As I write this, my Roadster has been at the VDC approximately 24 hours - maybe they can complete everything within the next 24 hours. MINI of Sterling is only an hour's drive or so from Baltimore. I'm hoping to get an earlier ground carrier.

2014 Roadster S: Pepper White; Black Seats; 6 Speed Manual; JCW Ext. Package; Chrome Driving Lamps; City Pack; 17" Cross Spoke Challenge Wheels, etc. Ordered: Aug 17th. Name: "John Bull" (the British Uncle Sam)

The MA sent me a "screen shot" of the Vehicle Inquiry Status Report, which contained the delivery estimate of Monday 10/7. As I write this, my Roadster has been at the VDC approximately 24 hours - maybe they can complete everything within the next 24 hours. MINI of Sterling is only an hour's drive or so from Baltimore. I'm hoping to get an earlier ground carrier.

Yeah - my MA was completely on top of the build and delivery process - until it came off the ship. The day after the ship arrived I called her for an update and based on what they had it would be 2 more days before the MINI made it to the dealership... While we were on the phone my MINI was rolled off the truck...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I hope I'm just as lucky with delivery. It's been 47 days since I placed my order and I'm dying to get my Roadster! As of Friday 10/4 at 12:00 PM, my Roadster will have been in the VDC's hands a day and a half.

I checked the US Customs site a few days ago. They're definitely open as an "essential" agency, just like the National Hurricane Center.

Congratulations! I remember the wait for Ernie.

At least we will have another Roadster owner not named Michael :biggrin:

What do we have, 3 or 4 Michaels with Roadsters? It must be a secret club.

Not too many Roadsters around, locally or nationally. A rare breed in a unique line of vehicles.

I knew there was a secret sub club for roadsters!!!

Of course! Why not?

On that note, an ASK MINI rep just told me my Roadster was released earlier today to Precision Motor Transport for delivery to MINI of Sterling. I called my MA and asked him to call whenever the truck rolls in. Being released to the carrier may only mean the Roadster was assigned a ground transport carrier, versus actually getting on a truck for delivery today. I'm counting the minutes....

I plan on moving to Florida next year. I learned that Florida does not require front plates, so I e-mailed my MA and told him not to drill and mount the front plate holder. I understand there are after-market plate holders that do not require drilling. Anyone familiar with Florida law or after-market plate holders like I described?

I've got one on Sonja.... I definitely like the look better than the drilled center mounts.

Are they available at auto stores or special order only?

It looks like they're not required. My MA will supposedly make sure they don't drill the holes. I saw a few nice license plate holders to use while I remain in VA - no drilling required.

The one I have is from http://www.usmillworks.com and I am very pleased with it.

Thanks. Easy installation is key. So is price. I'm going to compare a few models on the market - I only need it to work for about 8 months.

Florida does not have front plates - and hasn't issued them for over 30 years (probably longer). I know that for a fact - I have a FL drivers license...

And thanks to being military-

A Florida license - with an Ohio address on it

I'm originally from Lake County, Ohio, but I lived in Florida several years during and after college (USF'80). I've lived in Northern Virginia since 1988 but always considered myself a transient. My heart belongs to the Buckeye and Sunshine States. I can't wait to move back to the Florida Gulf Coast.