RDG_RCR

MINIs Invade CDC!

After attending the BMW capital autocross I learned that they only hold 1 event a month (not including the driver schools). It just so happens the CDC's ( Capitaldrivingclub.com ) next event is Bowie. The event is an all day event, you will get at least 6 runs and they will all count! But mostly since you aren't regulars with this series you will really just benefit from the seat time. Be sure to sign up quick because the events tend to fill up fast early in the season. BTW there were 0 MINIs at yesterdays event! :motor:

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

I want to go but I have to wait until 8 days before the event to sign up because I am not a member. I hope it doesn't get filled up before then. I read that members can sign themselves and guests up 14 days before an event, can you sign me up as a guest?

I want to go but I have to wait until 8 days before the event to sign up because I am not a member. I hope it doesn't get filled up before then. I read that members can sign themselves and guests up 14 days before an event, can you sign me up as a guest?

I'll give it a shot! Please send me the following info:

Name

Last Name

E-mail Address

bbl.gif

btl.gif

orng_sq.gif Vehicle Information

Please describe the vehicle that you will be driving at this event.

Year

Make

Model

Colorbbl.gif

btl.gif

orng_sq.gif CDC Autocross Index System

To have your results calculated using the CDC Autocross Index System, please answer the following questions

Tire Type

Vehicle Horsepower

Vehicle Weight

bbl.gif

orng_sq.gif Emergency Contact

Emergency Contact

Telephone #btl.gif

Great! Thanks and I'll see you there. This is my first autox so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

CDC is very lax, having passengers is encouraged. I can ride with you (non MINI owner) or you can talk to some of the really good drivers and any other MINI owners that attend. See you there, I'm in the yellow Elise.

CDC is very lax, having passengers is encouraged. I can ride with you (non MINI owner) or you can talk to some of the really good drivers and any other MINI owners that attend. See you there, I'm in the yellow Elise.

I'd say they are "laid back" compared to the BMW group and you really, really don't know what you'll see on the course there. There used to be a Honda Fit with lime green wheels that kicked the poop out of people, lots of Miata's, a few Cobra's, the odd Lexus and once, there was even a Chrysler 300 (rental).

Take the offer of a ride along to "show you the ropes" to minimize your frustrations and enjoy the experience.

CDC also offers "test and tune" events where it's not so structured and that's where folks try out new things in their cars. It can be really fun when they don't get the expected results!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I'd say they are "laid back" compared to the BMW group and you really, really don't know what you'll see on the course there. There used to be a Honda Fit with lime green wheels that kicked the poop out of people, lots of Miata's, a few Cobra's, the odd Lexus and once, there was even a Chrysler 300 (rental).

Take the offer of a ride along to "show you the ropes" to minimize your frustrations and enjoy the experience.

CDC also offers "test and tune" events where it's not so structured and that's where folks try out new things in their cars. It can be really fun when they don't get the expected results!

I've also seen a mid 90's oldsmobile "woody" station wagon completely full of people. There is also a 70s or 80ish station wagon with the actual name of Woody there, it runs on slicks with built chevy 350. Lately the FRS/BRZ's have been showing up in droves. I counted 8 at the last event.

Ok, CDC has closed registration, there are usually a few no shows so they sometimes allow walk-ons. So far the MINIs in attendence are:

2012 Coupe (Marina)

2012 JCW hard top (event organizer)

2007 Cooper S hard top (?)

2012 Cooper S hard top (George)

2004 Cooper S hard top (?)

2009 JCW hard top (Mark)

If everyone shows up that is probably the most MINIs I've seen at a CDC event. There is also a Ferrari 430 signed up.

Had a great time today! Thanks for letting us know about it Tyler. And it was nice meeting you Mark. Oh, and thanks for the ride along in the Lotus, that car is awesome! I have definitely caught the AutoX bug. I am going to try to make it to the event in Winchester on the 29th.

Had a great time today! Thanks for letting us know about it Tyler. And it was nice meeting you Mark. Oh, and thanks for the ride along in the Lotus, that car is awesome! I have definitely caught the AutoX bug. I am going to try to make it to the event in Winchester on the 29th.

Mark said that your really good at it, a natural

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Awesome I'll see you there! Great job yesterday! You picked it up really fast and got better each run. I need your composure!

Thanks guys! Like I said, I really enjoyed myself. I looked at my schedule and I was wrong about my days off. I do have the 16th off (thought I was working) and I am not off on the 29th. So, I am going to try to make it to Winchester on the 16th but I'll have to see if the boss is ok with Hyperfest on Saturday and AutoX on Sunday.