Just did a little project. The M7 scoop on B.A. was badly crackled, so until I get it repainted, I put the original scoop back on. Now, it's obvious that the stripe has faded and needs to be removed. To replace or not to replace, that is the question!

M7 Removed:

picture.php?albumid=73&pictureid=540

Original:

picture.php?albumid=73&pictureid=541

Faded stripe obvious now!

picture.php?albumid=73&pictureid=542

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

So that brings up options, Right now I'm actually thinking of going no stripe and either getting the M7 scoop painted space blue or removing the paint since it was originally matte black.

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover

Alan @ opensource.com

Going no stripes presents it's own issues. When Brandy got her 09 clubby the stripes were cracking so we removed them. not only to the stripes fade but so does the paint. The paint under the stripes is protected by the vinyl stripes, so you will likely have a difference on the hood.

I redid them with plasti-dip, easy to peel off if you are not happy, and a can is like 8 bucks. there are a few photos of how it turned out in the plasti-dip thread

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Yep, I'm aware of the paint fade possibility. When I pull the stripe, if the paint is faded, I'll probably just get the bonnet repainted since that will serve to also clean up all the rock chips. I'm not quite sure when I'll get to that, but hopefully soon.

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

Alan @ opensource.com

Yep, I'm aware of the paint fade possibility. When I pull the stripe, if the paint is faded, I'll probably just get the bonnet repainted since that will serve to also clean up all the rock chips. I'm not quite sure when I'll get to that, but hopefully soon.

If you're OK with the repaint then I'd say drop the stripes. It will be a nice clean look for you. And while you're at it with the paint you can paint your plastic parts and any chrome that's left :top:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Next step complete, which was to sand it back down nice and smooth. Now I need to find a place that paint it properly. It might not look too nice now, but it's super smooth!

uploadfromtaptalk1362812730944.jpg.f1cf54df4b192c8d7e69fc2e92f3dfe4.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1362812730944.jpg.f1cf54df4b192c8d7e69fc2e92f3dfe4.jpg

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

Alan @ opensource.com

Another small job completed... strut brace clean, shined up and ready to be re-installed

2013-03-14_21-05-13_838.jpg.0f8c9f06e0f2ec110b7cadb768214f98.jpg

2013-03-14_21-05-13_838.jpg.0f8c9f06e0f2ec110b7cadb768214f98.jpg

Edited by Scavenger

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

Alan @ opensource.com

I just love home mod projects :top:

R50 04 PS MCa - Sold

R53 05 PS MCSa - Sold

R56 12 LiB/B MCSm Born 10/13/11 Bought 10/31/11 Home 11/5/11. CW, TP, SP, Sunroof, Xenon w/B Housings, AnthraciteHeadliner, Tint, JCW CF door handles, JCW CF Spoiler, JCW STB, DDM Street CAI, Stubby, Black grill, Black R98, JB+