TGGRRR (Ali)

Windshield washer fluids

Ok so now my Tigger is beautiful and repainted. Before he always had hard water deposits on the paint right near the windshield washer sprayers. I really would like to avoid this happening again. Does anyone know of a mineral free windshield washer fluid? It looked to me like they were hard minerals caked on.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

What if you bought a piece of clear bra cut to fit in front of the nozzle where it drips?

I was pondering that and I have some from the clear bra that was sent that didn't fit. I might try to figure that out if I can't get the fluid thing figured out. It makes no sense that there is no washer fluid that won't stain.

Tggrrr010.jpg

http://www.detailersdomain.com/1Z-einszett-Kristall-Klar-Washer-Fluid_p_219.html

If that doesn't look decent, email Phil and ask his suggestion. Even if he doesn't carry something, he's great about pointing you in the right direction at least.

2011 Clubman S - LzB/Black "Clubby"

Go Wahoos!

Saving Second Base, One Mile at a Time! (Round #3, May 2014) http://info.avonfoundation.org/goto/MShoe

If home brewing, make sure you don't end up mixing anything containing ammonia with anything containing chlorine...

Bad.... Very Bad...

At any rate, what's in there now? I'd think deposits would most likely come from tap water, or especially well water.

quirk - '12 CR MCS 6m, WP, MR, HK. Conti DWS, Kosei K4R, Hardened NM TA insert, NM strut bar, Rennline skidplate, WMW heat shield, Philips X-treme, OEM Lumbars, mudflaps & black trim, free camber mod, WeatherTech mats, RearGuard...

If home brewing, make sure you don't end up mixing anything containing ammonia with anything containing chlorine...

Bad.... Very Bad...

At any rate, what's in there now? I'd think deposits would most likely come from tap water, or especially well water.

Yes chlorine + Ammonia = :dead: (first time I found to use that emoticon)

I'm not likely to go the home made route.

I have the blue stuff from the gas station in there now. I did a little research and found some stuff from Germany on Amazon, it's a concentrate that you mix with distilled water. Great reviews so I'm trying it. It's not cheap, but I hate scrubbing off hard water deposits and Tigger is pristine right now. Must keep him this way. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Tggrrr010.jpg

Yes chlorine + Ammonia = :dead: (first time I found to use that emoticon)

I'm not likely to go the home made route.

I have the blue stuff from the gas station in there now. I did a little research and found some stuff from Germany on Amazon, it's a concentrate that you mix with distilled water. Great reviews so I'm trying it. It's not cheap, but I hate scrubbing off hard water deposits and Tigger is pristine right now. Must keep him this way. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

The distilled water will help greatly, it's most likely the minerals in the tap water they use that is leaving the deposits. The other chemicals are harmful in their own other ways, but not in the deposit way most likely

Let us know what you find!

2011 Clubman S - LzB/Black "Clubby"

Go Wahoos!

Saving Second Base, One Mile at a Time! (Round #3, May 2014) http://info.avonfoundation.org/goto/MShoe

Or softened water. A problem with out well water.

quirk - '12 CR MCS 6m, WP, MR, HK. Conti DWS, Kosei K4R, Hardened NM TA insert, NM strut bar, Rennline skidplate, WMW heat shield, Philips X-treme, OEM Lumbars, mudflaps & black trim, free camber mod, WeatherTech mats, RearGuard...

Oh, and another thing - I've switched to Bosch Icon wipers, as I have on other vehicles in our ecurie. I had not been a fan of Bosch, until the um, integrated, blades appeared. Unfortunately, not available for the rear wiper.