Edge

FS: NEW High-end Sony ES receiver (STR-DA5700ES)

A few months ago I bought a brand new receiver with the intention of using it as the foundation for a major home stereo upgrade. I have decided to alter my plans for the upgrade slightly, so I'm selling the receiver.

For those of you who don't know, Sony has two model lines of stereo equipment - their "regular" consumer model line, and the "ES" model line, which is a much higher quality and better featured line of products than the typical consumer stuff. ES stands for Elevated Standard. Besides being far superior products to the regular line, ES products come with a 5 year warranty. The ES product line is not sold in regular "box stores" though - it is only available through specially authorized resellers, typically custom installers. I had to hunt around the DC area to find a vendor who would sell me this unit. :)

This receiver is the Sony STR-DA5700ES. It is a flagship (top of the line) receiver in their lineup. MSRP is $2,000. I am selling it for $1,500. It is brand new, and the box has never been opened.

Some main features of the Sony STR-DA5700ES receiver (there are too many to list them all):

• 7.2 channel A/V receiver (130w/ch, 8 Ohm 20-20kHz 0.09%THD)
  • Built-in Internet streaming: Netflix, YouTube™, Hulu Plus, Pandora and Slacker
  • Activity-based on-screen interface for easy navigation
  • 3D pass-through over HDMI
  • Integrated 4-port Ethernet switch
  • iPhone/iPod touch/Android remote control app (yep, you can control this receiver directly from your smartphone!)
  • 8 HD inputs (6 HDMI (2 are audio only), 2 component), 2 HDMI outputs
  • 4 optical digital audio inputs
  • 3 coaxial digital audio inputs
  • 9 analog audio inputs (4 of them with composite video support)
  • Direct iPhone/iPod input via front USB port
  • 31-band Graphic Equalizer
  • SIRIUS Satellite Radio-ready (just add a SIRIUS antenna)
  • 5 Year Limited Warranty
  • Dimensions:
    • Height: 7-3/8"
    • Width: 17"
    • Depth: 16-1/2"
    • Weight: 39 lb 1 oz

Here's what the STR-DA5700ES looks like, front and back. Check out the ridiculous number of inputs and outputs on the back - plenty for any home stereo system:

AV%20Receiver%20STR-DA5700ES%20von%20Sony_01.jpg

224258857.jpg

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

This receiver is still available. I know it seems expensive, but it is vastly superior to any receiver you'll find in a standard "big box" store.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

With little interest here (I know it's a "big ticket" item), I have gone ahead and posted it on Craigslist:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ele/3380828705.html

*** Weight: 40lbs (boxed)

*** Weight: 17.7lbs (by itself)

WOW. What the heck is in that box?

Beats me - I haven't opened the box, nor will I. The numbers came from Sony's website.

UPDATE: You're right, that doesn't make any sense at all... I did more digging, searching the specifications online. I think the original Sony page where I got the numbers from had a misprint. The real info is:

39 lb 1 oz

17.7 kg

I have updated both this for sale post and my Craiglist ad. Thanks for making me look at it harder! :top:

Edited by Edge
Update