smoke789

Something New to Something Old

Sweet Frog Frozen Yogurt30 minute spirited drive – Fairfax Station Railroad Museum

If you’re interested in a short run on Sunday, we have just the route.

A new “Sweet Frog” frozen yogurt shop has opened up on Ox Road. Come help us support their new location. Afterward, we'll take a spirited drive skirting Fountainhead Regional Park and eventually stop at the Historic Railroad Museum and learn a little about hour local history all the way back to the Civil War.

Because this event begins with frozen yogurt, it's a fairly short route and it ends with a big red caboose, it's very "family friendly"!

Hope to see you there!

Gathering Point: Noon

Sweet Frog @ 8971 Ox Road, Lorton, VA

In the “Shoppes of Lorton Valley” Plaza

Depart the parking lot at 12:30.

We’ll drive down Hampton Road, through Historic Clifton, VA and the Popes Head Rd Finale before arriving at our historic destination:

Fairfax Station Railroad Museum

11200 Fairfax Station Road, Fairfax Station, VA

http://www.fairfax-station.org/

Museum entry is $3 for adults and $1 for children.

If you have radio's, we'll be running 7/21. If you don't have one, we'll bring as many spares as we can come up with. Lots of new members so this should be fun!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Many, many thanks to everyone who came out for the run today! We think that area has lots and lots of roads to be explored and there's just so much awesome history out there.

Also, many thanks to the new forum and club members who came out for their first run - we are always glad to meet the new folks and make them feel welcome.

Robin & I had an absolutely wonderful time. We enjoyed meeting with everyone and look forward to future events. Thanks for such a fun time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"BLAK" 2007 MCS , Hypersport Body Kit, Alta 3" Cat-back exhaust, DoS CAI - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That was FUN! Good pictures too!

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

Thank you both, Craig & Lona, for setting that up. It was a great way to spend a few hours on Sunday afternoon! :top:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Thank you both, Craig & Lona, for setting that up. It was a great way to spend a few hours on Sunday afternoon! :top:

I can't take any of the credit as the idea came up when Scavenger was at the house and he and Lona started talking about potential runs. Next thing I knew, I was out turning left and right on command. Lona did all of the legwork and all I had to do was drive where I was told!

I'm glad everyone had a good time, I did too.

I can't take any of the credit as the idea came up when Scavenger was at the house and he and Lona started talking about potential runs. Next thing I knew, I was out turning left and right on command. Lona did all of the legwork and all I had to do was drive where I was told!

I'm glad everyone had a good time, I did too.

I'll pass credit to my 21 month old daughter. If it wasn't for her, I probably wouldn't have thought much about the little sign for the museum on Ox Rd. that started it all!

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com