minime331

Air Conditioning not so conditioning

So as it is starting to rain more i am forced to put up the windows and have the air conditioning on which i don't really like to do. I've notice that when i have it on LOW it doesn't feel cold at all. having the windows down in the hot sun in cooler then the A/C. I was wondering what might be the problem I'm going to take it to a shop and see if they can lead me in a good direction. but before i go i wanted to see anyone here in this amazing family might know.

thanks for the info

minime331

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

Is the problem only on low? How does it work/feel when your turn it up higher? I have a thermometer (long thin metal spike with round thermostat on end) and a laser thermometer I would use when I questioned the temp of the a/c coming out of my Outback. When freshly charged it was just shy of spitting out icicles at 40 degrees. Prior to that it was giving me 60 degrees. But checking the temp (after charging) will tell me if I simply needed to increase the flow to combat the heat.

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

it seems like if i change the degrees the temp doesn't change the heat works but a/c not so much

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

Just go to autozone or whatever and buy yourself a can of Refrigerant and fill it. That was my problem last year.

Easier said than done for someone who has never recharged their own AC before. Anyone have either a guide to do this or is it something worth going to a dealer/MachV for?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]