No, I didn't come across that. It is nice and clean looking.

What's a flow-jet? I deal with some industrial labs and might be able to put a feeler out for whatever this animal is.

A Flow Jet machine is a metal cutting tool that uses super high pressure water to cut metals. Where in years past you would have to use a torch or milling machine to cut out shapes in sheet steel or aluminum now you can place it on the machine's bed and the computer controlled water jet cuts out the pattern. It's cool to watch. My brother was a machinist and had access to one when he was with the FDNY. That all changed on Sept. 11th.

image.php?u=1000&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Ernie McStreet's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/erniemcs.street

A Flow Jet machine is a metal cutting tool that uses super high pressure water to cut metals. Where in years past you would have to use a torch or milling machine to cut out shapes in sheet steel or aluminum now you can place it on the machine's bed and the computer controlled water jet cuts out the pattern. It's cool to watch. My brother was a machinist and had access to one when he was with the FDNY. That all changed on Sept. 11th.

Ahhhhhhh...no, none of my contacts have that creature (or at least not one I could access).

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

I was going to say... just don't drink Starbucks in your car. What's more important to you - drinking your coffee on the go, or keeping your ride clean and unstained? Problem solved (with the date's coffee too). Drink at the Starbucks, then go!

And bottled water, with a screw top, is a fine solution for those who want water. :biggrin:Again, screw-top bottled drinks can solve that. :top:

In any case, I realize I'm in the minority here and not helping the conversation, so I'll butt out now. I just couldn't resist chiming in. :angel:

Actually it is bottled water that I have in the car. Used to carry around an entire case in my Outback. Now that I have MINImized my footprint I'm trying to keep one up front (on the right) one is down the middle (behind/beneath armrest) and the bain of my existence are the pair I put in the rear holders that flop out the second the car moves. It's those rolling around and under my seats that really irritate me.

Can't drink 'em at Starbucks when you've picked them up to take with you to brunch. Or, when I'm simply starting my day, going from point-A to point-B, I've no time to lounge around the cafe - it's not like I'm on vacation, ya know :)

I've never used those cup holders in the back seat! I think Quitta put her foot in one of them when I took her and PawPaw for a run down the Hellbender and up the Dragon though! I suspect it was the only way she kept from sliding around back there and I never felt her crashing into the anchors for my harness!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I've never used those cup holders in the back seat! I think Quitta put her foot in one of them when I took her and PawPaw for a run down the Hellbender and up the Dragon though! I suspect it was the only way she kept from sliding around back there and I never felt her crashing into the anchors for my harness!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

NOOOOOO ALI, NOOOOOOOO! Are you actually going to take tips from a Golf Rrrrrrr owner :stupid:? He's playing for the other team, he defected, quit, ran away! Besides, you already spill enough stuff in your backseat and you know the broccoli, cauliflower and eggplant smoothies you make will NEVER go through the drinking tube of a camelback. Finally, the last thing you need is another distraction while driving. Between, singing:boring:, waving:wavey:, Texting:elephant:, cursing :banghead::banghead: your Samsung Droid (you wouldn't be cursing an iPhone) and the rest of the things you do while driving :motor:, I'm worried that you'd be a little too distracted (there's no emoticon for a butterfly) with the drinking tube that is certain to fall down between the seats where you'd be digging for it in beltway traffic...

Did I make a strong enough case against this idea for you? :wink::questionmark::questionmark::questionmark::questionmark::questionmark::questionmark::questionmark::questionmark:

Did I use enough emoticons? :)

Did he just post his personal emoticon record? I think he is passionate about this topic.

They are well placed, but I don't get the dancing elephant for texting.

Will Sbucks put Will's vente, triple shot, low-fat, sweet, no cream, carmel, latte, with a shot of full synthetic 0W-30, in a camelback for him?

Will Sbucks put Will's vente, triple shot, low-fat, sweet, no cream, carmel, latte, with a shot of full synthetic 0W-30, in a camelback for him?

Actually it's a simple quad-venti-latte, I like coffee flavored coffee (but I am intrigued about the 0W-30 synth, that might be good for the stereotypical Monday's :laugh:). I've more than a half-dozen camelbaks but would have to buy one just for Sbux as my rule is only H2O or 50/50 Gatorade & water for events longer than 60 minutes. But I can't remember the last time I used this one http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00412GX5E so maybe I should convert it to a Sbux holder (although it would cost me more to fill up than it currently cost to do the same for my MINI :rofl:)

Y'all should just strap Camelbaks onto the back of your seats, and run the bite piece thing up closer to your neck :)

That's actually a brilliant idea. Good call!

Alice Cooper - Hyper Blue R53 with a few light mods

???? - Montego Blue 335xi with even lighter mods

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

P.S. - and on the cup holders themselves, I found this guys mod:

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/2970181-post5.html

http://www.northamericanmotoring.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/91220/ppuser/20272

I've taken a shot at putting this PVC cup holder together. I got the pvc and smoothed, cut, sanded, and mated the pieces last night. I have even glued them together and I will see what it looks like this evening but... I'm not thrilled with the results. I will bring it to the meet & greet on Saturday but I think I'm going to try the aluminum one instead (I just have to find a reasonable source for the aluminum pipe sections and plate. I just need scraps). The exercise of building the pvc one gave me useful insight into the next version so all is not lost, except a few dollars and time.

:confused:

I already have one of these http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/accessory-details/?device=Car+Charger+with+USB+Port+-+Universal+Micro+USB&q_sku=sku3730245#fbid=mcYjpTsrjJO and a aux cable whereas I can play my iPhone through my radio and charge it (and charge something else with the USB port). What does the product you reference do differently?

TGGRRR said:
Did we just change the topic and are no longer discussing cup holders:questionmark:

I was wondering about that, but figured cmcveay's response might shed some light (I think he meant to post that over here: http://dcmetrominis.org/forum/topic/2007-usb-amp-mini-stereo-plug-to-connect-an-ipod/)

As for the cup holder I'm to the point of seeing what Burt's creation on Saturday and moving forward from there (unless somebody posts a solution between now and then).

I appreciate it, but you found A cable, not the right cable. I will show you on Saturday. Please don't spend any more time looking, it doesn't exist right now. I already spent a LOT of time on the internet, in Best Buy, Micro Center, Radio Shack, etc.

The cable for the iPhone to the MINI has a 3.5mm stereo plug with 3 black rings (dividers), the Kensington cable like all the others that I have found has only 2 black rings on the 3.5mm plug. The BMW cable has 2 but the MINI has 3. 2 rings works for an iPod but not for the iPhone.

Did we just change the topic and are no longer discussing cup holders:questionmark:

You try sitting out in the sun for an hour with no shade waiting on a guy to show up in a parking lot.... I got bored and found the info - thought I had the right place to respond. Awww, heck have fun with it.

You try sitting out in the sun for an hour with no shade waiting on a guy to show up in a parking lot.... I got bored and found the info - thought I had the right place to respond. Awww, heck have fun with it.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg