minime331

Some help please

so yesterday i was driving and these three lights come up all at once. then today it happen again the lights are traction,dsc, and tps

ill load a pic up later

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

i did that pulled over turn the car off then start back up and then they all came back at the same time as soon as i started to drive away. i have rev and i went to see if it was some odd code nothing showed up

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

Those are your Tire Pressure warning light, your DSC Traction Control and your Anti Lock Brake System warning lights. You may have a bad Steering Angle Sensor and/or DSC Pressure Sensor. Check your tire pressure and then there should be a button down by your handbrake that you push and hold until the Tire Pressure light blinks and resets itself. Try that and then turn off the ignition and restart the engine and see if they all clear. If not you may have a bad Steering Angle Sensor or bad DSC Pressure Sensor.

Geno

image.php?u=888&type=sigpic&dateline=136

Those are your Tire Pressure warning light, your DSC Traction Control and your Anti Lock Brake System warning lights. You may have a bad Steering Angle Sensor and/or DSC Pressure Sensor. Check your tire pressure and then there should be a button down by your handbrake that you push and hold until the Tire Pressure light blinks and resets itself. Try that and then turn off the ignition and restart the engine and see if they all clear. If not you may have a bad Steering Angle Sensor or bad DSC Pressure Sensor.
Geno is right on the money. It happened to my MINI earlier last year. Turned out to be a bad steering angle sensor. If that's what it is, it's probably the front driver's side one. The tech told me that it's a weirdly designed/installed part and when one of the sensors fails, it's almost always that one.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

It also happened to me a little over a year ago. But be careful though. I had my Steering Angle Sensor replaced, and I vowed not to talk bad about the Mini dealer in the area ! I didn't even get out of the parking lot and my DSC warning light came back on. After they took it back into the Bay, and an hour and a half later, they said just run it for 100 miles and it will clear. Come to find out it was the DSC Pressure Sensor all along. Needless to say, I still have my old Steering Angle sensor that is in perfect working order.

Geno

image.php?u=888&type=sigpic&dateline=136

i posted over at nam and someone said that it was the rotation sensor. so tomorrow after work i am going to take a look at the sensors to see what it may be btw is that sensor $$$ because the rotation one is like 150

Edited by minime331

It also happened to me a little over a Needless to say, I still have my old Steering Angle sensor that is in perfect working order.

Geno

if thats the problem on my MINI are you willing to maybe sell it :biggrin:

im am going to see if some one could bring a code reader to the dinner tomorrow and if thats what it is ill PM you thank you