Wizzer

Switching Mechanics

Well, I was probably due to do this soon, I figured I was due for an oil change so I went in to my regular mechanic.

1 he mentioned that because the MINIs use synthetic that I wasn't due for around 15k miles, and that to do it at their shop would be MUCH mo than normal because of the difficult. Same when I asked about doing the brakes.

So it looks like I will be going to be switching. I know Mach V is a good go to place. Any others in the Manassas area?

Is that true about the Oil change?

Steve "Wizzer" P.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]2009 MINI Clubman S R55 "BATTPODD"

Based on the comments from your mechanic, I would switch shops too! Changing the oil and brakes is not difficult. You just need to be patient!

I agree 100% with switching mechanics. :top:

I have done both jobs and there is nothing to difficult especially if you are a mechanic in shop.

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Unfortunately I don't have the equipment or the room (or the know how) to do it myself. When I bought the Pod, it was at 62k miles.

I am now pushing 66k. I feel like I should be due. Any suggestions on a good place to go?

Steve "Wizzer" P.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]2009 MINI Clubman S R55 "BATTPODD"

Dan, and Mach V I am sure would be happy to help, but, for just an oil change, if you really don't have the time/space/know how, it is really something a Jiffy Lube place can do. It's something a trained monkey can do, it isn't technical. . .oil goes out, oil goes back in, don't over tighten the oil pan drain plug, don't under fill/over fill the oil.

the brakes, while not a difficult job, I would trust a man, more than monkey to do. there are no shortages of places in Manassas too, google/yelp, and read the reviews.

WASABIFINAL.jpg.7de341e2df68d8efd5c1485317941c11.jpg

flickr