elpollodiablo

Exhaust shop that does stainless?

Hi All,

I'm trying to find an exhaust shop that does stainless (one of the exhuast hangers on my aftermarket exhaust broke loose.)

Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Beau

Alice Cooper - Hyper Blue R53 with a few light mods

???? - Montego Blue 335xi with even lighter mods

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I use Insane exhaust fabrications when i need my exhaust tweeked, they do a pretty good job and at a fair rate but... it's in southern MD, you probably dont wanna drive all the way down there just for a hanger.

Has anyone with a Countryman w/JCW aero kit changed their exhust system? It seams as though the stock exhust is attached to the aero kit so that any exhust with larger diameter tips would not fit?:motor:

2012 Countryman S, stick, Lt White/Lt White, JCW aero kit, xenon blk housing, anthrcite head liner, HK, blk 17's,

i havnt heard of anyone switching exhaust on countrymans at all, but im looking at one with the JCW aero kit thats in the showroom right now and i see what you mean. if you where to switch exhaust you'd probably have to cut bigger holes, and im not sure about that. I would do a lil more research, check NAM, see if anyone has found a solution to the problem

Has anyone with a Countryman w/JCW aero kit changed their exhust system? It seams as though the stock exhust is attached to the aero kit so that any exhust with larger diameter tips would not fit?:motor:
i havnt heard of anyone switching exhaust on countrymans at all, but im looking at one with the JCW aero kit thats in the showroom right now and i see what you mean. if you where to switch exhaust you'd probably have to cut bigger holes, and im not sure about that. I would do a lil more research, check NAM, see if anyone has found a solution to the problem
I'm no expert on the 2nd Gen stuff (particularly the Countryman), but it seems to me that since this is a JCW Aero Kit, that at some point MINI is likely to offer a JCW exhaust - particularly once the JCW Countryman comes out.

That being said, the description on the MINIUSA website for the Countryman JCW Aero Kit states:

The aero kit includes a more sporty designed lower front apron finisher, functional rear diffusor, side skirts and bigger exhaust pipe tips.
So, since "bigger exhaust pipe tips" are part of the package, it seems to me that they attach/detach from the rest of the exhaust, and you may be able to re-use them with another exhaust system.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I'm no expert on the 2nd Gen stuff (particularly the Countryman), but it seems to me that since this is a JCW Aero Kit, that at some point MINI is likely to offer a JCW exhaust - particularly once the JCW Countryman comes out.

That being said, the description on the MINIUSA website for the Countryman JCW Aero Kit states:So, since "bigger exhaust pipe tips" are part of the package, it seems to me that they attach/detach from the rest of the exhaust, and you may be able to re-use them with another exhaust system.

Turns out with the JCW Exhaust and JCW aerokit new tips are not included:

http://mini.sewellparts.com/accessories-catalog/JCW/R60-2011/5326.html

Still not sure if any other exhaust besides the JCW will fit with JCW aero kit :questionmark:

Edited by jdubz
spelling sux

2012 Countryman S, stick, Lt White/Lt White, JCW aero kit, xenon blk housing, anthrcite head liner, HK, blk 17's,

Turns out with the JCW Exhaust and JCW aerokit new tips are not included:

http://mini.sewellparts.com/accessories-catalog/JCW/R60-2011/5326.html

Still not sure if any other exhaust besides the JCW will fit with JCW aero kit :questionmark:

The way I read the info in that link:

• The JCW Aero Kit and JCW Exhaust System are separate purchases. My guess is that you only have the JCW Aero Kit right now, and the stock exhaust (i.e. not JCW).

• The JCW Aero Kit includes new exhaust tips (same info that I already gave you from MINIUSA)

• The JCW Exhaust System (separate purchase) comes with new exhaust tips too, but those tips are not compatible with the JCW Aero Kit... you just have to use the existing Aero Kit tips instead

To me, this means that you should be able to continue to use your existing Aero Kit tips if you replace your stock exhaust system, regardless of whether you buy an aftermarket exhaust or upgrade to the JCW exhaust itself.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129