john171

Seriously??? - 1

Unfortunately, that isn't too unsual for MINI dealers in general. I've heard some real horror stories about dealers across the country. Our local dealer down here, replaced a members car due to problems with THEIR bodyshop! Simple problems snowballed into a major avalanche. It is good to know some dealers make things right. Hopefully this will get corrected.

Just a couple of thoughts.

GET OVER IT.

Your car's got a problem. Ok, sorry. MINI techs aren't really mechanics anymore. They plug the car in and do what the computer tells them to. If that doesn't work they HAVE to call in the pros from Dover. (M.A.S.H. reference) They really aren't allowed to do that stuff without permission from MINI NA.

Yea, that kind of sucks, but, they gave you a Countryman to use, you are racking up miles on thier car not yours, call it a wash.

Now you are trying to blackmail the service department into forking over some swag or you'll bash them on the internet? lol

(Ok, sorry, hadn't had my morning caffeine yet.)

Sorry to hear about your car, I hope they fix it and load you up...lol It's been my experience that MINI of BC is pretty good.

No matter where you go, there you are!

Thanks for saying what I was thinking.

Bottom line, if you don't like the way a dealership treats you, go to another. Mechanical/electrical devices can and do have faults and failures - it happens. Merlin was back in the shop 3 times in the first two weeks I had him. Each time, I was treated with respect and I worked with the SA to get the problem fixed. Maybe my tolerance level is higher than the folks above because I certainly go beat on the managers door demanding anything for my trouble. I guess I'm lucky to live down the street from PMoA.

I'm hoping the owner above feels better after venting in such a public forum. Too bad the dealership doesn't have a way to tell "The rest of the story"...

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Thanks for saying what I was thinking.

Bottom line, if you don't like the way a dealership treats you, go to another. Mechanical/electrical devices can and do have faults and failures - it happens. Merlin was back in the shop 3 times in the first two weeks I had him. Each time, I was treated with respect and I worked with the SA to get the problem fixed. Maybe my tolerance level is higher than the folks above because I certainly go beat on the managers door demanding anything for my trouble. I guess I'm lucky to live down the street from PMoA.

I'm hoping the owner above feels better after venting in such a public forum. Too bad the dealership doesn't have a way to tell "The rest of the story"...

The dealer has the same access to this forum as we do. And reading about other people's problems on other MINI sites seems to indicate it's not uncommon to get the bum's rush from the dealer!

Glad to hear you live so close, but for most MINI owners that is not the case and in my opinion that drives a lot of the attitude of the dealer, they know just how much of a hassle it is for us to take our cars in.

Hopefully you continue to get treated well, and live within a stones throw from the dealer, but you may want to think about how you'd feel if you weren't before you go all "OReilly" on someone!

Nah, I'd still feel the same way. In my experience, personality has a great deal to do with the way people are treated anywhere and an auto dealership is no different. They run hundreds of cars through the service bays each week and too many people vent their spleen when they have a bad experience but they won't take a moment to make a public comment on the other times when they've been taken care of. It sure seems to me that the post which has been deleted did a good bit to suggest that the dealer was taking care of the owner (loaner car, waiving payment, schwag from the parts counter) and doing what they could to figure out what the issue is. I don't subscribe to the Carlisle forums but it would be great if there's any follow up on the problem being resolved.

Way to put it. I would love to see a "This place really took care of me" thread. It might help other know who to go to instead of just who to avoid.
And I know a certain MINI tech who always takes care of me and other DCMM folks. Thanks again for being such an awesome guy. :top:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

And I know a certain MINI tech who always takes care of me and other DCMM folks. Thanks again for being such an awesome guy. :top:

There's no doubt that we all know someone that takes good care of us and our vehicles, I have just such a relationship with the SM and tech at our Subaru dealer. My personal experience with Towson MINI was fairly good, I have not dealt with them directly since they moved. I now use a local shop that has BMW and MINI certified techs and they are great to deal with.

We have several members that have stopped dealing with MoBC for pretty much the same reasons, and now use OTTO's or Mainline as well as MINI of Allentown, where they have gotten better service from day one. I guess the old YMMV certainly applies here! :biggrin:

And I agree wholeheartedly that we should spread the good message just as fervently as we tend to spread the problem messages, human nature I guess.

An update on "Seriously???"

Tuesday, Jan. 24: Just heard from MoBC. They still haven't been able to get the car to malfunction so still no diagnosis. They're going to keep working on it, trying different things with the car to get it to malfunction.

-----------------------------

Wednesday, Jan. 25: OK Kids, the verdict is in. I just got a call from MoBC and they are giving me a new car as they have not been able to solve the problem with mine. I am very thankful, I should probably be excited right now, but they can't get me the same car. There is a white one almost exactly like mine that they are checking on. I'm just a bit sad because I really liked my SURF BLUE! Oh well...looks like I'm going to have that StormCooper after all.

MoBC is also waving the 30 cents a mile that they are legally allowed to charge me for each mile on the loaner vehicle so that's nice.

It appears to be over, the replacement vehicle has yet to be delivered, but that should happen by weeks end.

By sticking to her guns an agreement was reached that will restore her sense of confidence when driving, and that she hopefully will not be waiting for hours for another tow.

An update on "Seriously???"

Tuesday, Jan. 24: Just heard from MoBC. They still haven't been able to get the car to malfunction so still no diagnosis. They're going to keep working on it, trying different things with the car to get it to malfunction.

Wednesday, Jan. 25: OK Kids, the verdict is in. I just got a call from MoBC and they are giving me a new car as they have not been able to solve the problem with mine. I am very thankful, I should probably be excited right now, but they can't get me the same car. There is a white one almost exactly like mine that they are checking on. I'm just a bit sad because I really liked my SURF BLUE! Oh well...looks like I'm going to have that StormCooper after all.

MoBC is also waving the 30 cents a mile that they are legally allowed to charge me for each mile on the loaner vehicle so that's nice.

It appears to be over, the replacement vehicle has yet to be delivered, but that should happen by weeks end.

By sticking to her guns an agreement was reached that will restore her sense of confidence when driving, and that she hopefully will not be waiting for hours for another tow.

I spent a "few" years as an avionics technician and I can tell you that problems that can't be recreated are nearly impossible to resolve and that's as frustrating for the technician as it is for the owner. Hopefully, this is the end of the issue for this owner and it sounds as though MoBC did everything possible to resolve the problem in the customer's favor.

Thanks for the update though, it is appreciated.

I spent a "few" years as an avionics technician and I can tell you that problems that can't be recreated are nearly impossible to resolve and that's as frustrating for the technician as it is for the owner. Hopefully, this is the end of the issue for this owner and it sounds as though MoBC did everything possible to resolve the problem in the customer's favor.

Thanks for the update though, it is appreciated.

Yeah, troubleshooting intermittent problems can be very frustrating and time consuming in any field, and obviously the more complicated and/or sophisticated the the system the worse it is. :banghead:

I'm sure that MINI has strict guidelines as to the total man hours and material costs that a dealer can throw at a problem, my hope is that this Countryman will serve as a source for solving the problem and not be scrapped for parts.

In the end MoBC did do the right thing, though they could have saved themselves, and their customer, a lot of grief if they had been just a bit more understanding and nicer.

BTW, the replacement car is still on the dock, along with 3 others, waiting to be loaded on a truck for the trip to MoBC and delivery to anxious owners. :biggrin:

..................I don't subscribe to the Carlisle forums but it would be great if there's any follow up on the problem being resolved.

Latest from the owner of Countryman:

After reading the thread on North American Motoring and all the people with the same issues getting zero results, I have to say that I am very grateful to MoBC for making things right for me. While I still wish I wouldn't have had to escalate things to get results, I appreciate them replacing the vehicle voluntarily. Although I probably would have met lemon law requirements eventually, it was so much nicer just signing a few papers and driving off in the new car (without having to go through legal BS). Many of the people who posted to NAM are still having problems and NONE of them have been able to get their car replaced or even returned for a refund. So, while it was a rocky start with MoBC and I'm still a little concerned that Mini hasn't resolved the countryman issues, I have to say I feel much better knowing that MoBC is willing to step up and make things right. :congrats:

She is quite happy, is getting her windows tinted this Friday, and will be joining us for a run through southern York County on Feb 11! :motor: