cmcveay

BMWNCC Auto Cross School - Last of the season

If rain is a high probability and you'd like, I do have a 10x10 easy up that can be borrowed. It does if in the back of a Clubman and probably a Countryman but otherwise, it requires a roof rack.

Give me a shout if you'd like to borrow it.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Another tip: Don't expect to actually be out of there at 4:30pm. In the autocross school we did in March, we only got to the "students work the course, instructors drive" section by then. It kinda sucks to have to work the course after a long instructional day, but I understand - all of the instructors have just given their day to the students, so they should be entitled to have a little fun at the end. I'm just saying - be flexible, and don't be a stickler about the time if it runs over a bit. You'll have more fun if you go in with a relaxed attitude. :smile:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Will - the car must be empty of all potential missiles or distractions so even jamming it in the boot doesn't make the grade. Most people just leave the extra stuff at home but for those that don't, it's all left in the paddock. The easy up would be for that area so folks can put their "crap" under the shelter and it doesn't get soaked in the rain.

If you're working the course and it starts raining, there's no place to hide, so be sure to take a rain jacket and/or umbrella. (Make sure you don't leave them with your stuff in the paddock and that your rain jacket doesn't leak. :embarassed:) Also, an extra pair of shoes and socks is helpful. It's not pleasant to have to drive with wet feet/shoes.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

Will - the car must be empty of all potential missiles or distractions so even jamming it in the boot doesn't make the grade. Most people just leave the extra stuff at home but for those that don't, it's all left in the paddock. The easy up would be for that area so folks can put their "crap" under the shelter and it doesn't get soaked in the rain.

I don't have two tons of stuff, in fact all I can think of offhand is a compact umbrella and rain jacket that I keep behind the seat (oh yeah, and the bottles of water that won't stay in the passenger cup holders :banghead:). I figured those few things could go in the extra space under the floor where I already keep my bring-your-own grocery bags and a first-aid kit (picture for those that don't know about our expanded boot)

ag_08clubman_cargofloor.jpg

And stop talking about it raining on Saturday. NO RAIN! I've an event right after X-cross school and don't want a wash-out.

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

I think you'd be okay if you put it all in that storage area and closed it. I'm pretty much like you but there are some who will go unnamed in Hot Orange Cabrio's with flames on the hood and recently tinted windows that manage to unload an entire 7-Eleven from their cars...

I think you'd be okay if you put it all in that storage area and closed it. I'm pretty much like you but there are some who will go unnamed in Hot Orange Cabrio's with flames on the hood and recently tinted windows that manage to unload an entire 7-Eleven from their cars...

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

P.S. - I also have bungee cords in the boot (as the provided cargo net isn't the best), but they too can go down under if necessary, although they keep that lid down as they stretch immediately above.

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

There isn't another Flaming HO that just tinted is there? You can't be referring to me....

:biggrin:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

So what kind of mechanical things could disqualify our MINIs from going? My MINI is making a sound and I've already contacted PMoA to see if I need to bring her in but I don't want to do anything that might keep her at PMoA over the weekend or try to get a rush job done if it will disqualify me.

What kind of sound is it making? We only check for safety items. Car empty, wheels and bearings tight, battery held down, etc. However we hate to see anyone break. I assume it's just a general "that ain't right" noise and not a grinding or clunking sound. Do you have anybody who can listen to the sound and make sure it's nothing serious?

With all the squeeks, squeals, and rattles MINI's have anyway I'm sure it's fine.:biggrin:

Phil

You just need seat time now to improve. They only let you take the class once, but when you go back for autocross you can ask to have an instructor ride along once in a while to help you out.

Just keep doing it and don't get discouraged :top:

At least you're out there trying and having fun!!!

Tggrrr010.jpg

Man, last place... oh well... I'm pretty sure my heat exhaustion was kicking in.

Been there, it just means you need to come back and learn more. I've always been in the bottom 3. Don't let that discourage you. I don't look at autocross as a competition with anyone but myself. I've learned a ton about my car and my abilities because of autocross.

Keep having fun with it!

Edited by TGGRRR

Tggrrr010.jpg

Man, last place... oh well... I'm pretty sure my heat exhaustion was kicking in.

Please don't get discouraged. Like Ali, I'm always in the bottom. I'm ok with that because I'm having fun and I keep improving. Sure, it would be great to have that 2nd or 3rd spot, but I'm just not there yet. I will be, though. Someday.... :top:

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

Please don't get discouraged. Like Ali, I'm always in the bottom. I'm ok with that because I'm having fun and I keep improving. Sure, it would be great to have that 2nd or 3rd spot, but I'm just not there yet. I will be, though. Someday.... :top:

That's right, and when we get there, we'll know we earned it. :rock:

PLUS I would guess we're still better drivers then 90% of the non autocrossers out on the roads...

Tggrrr010.jpg