cmcveay

BMWNCC Auto Cross - Regency Stadium

For the 2012 season BMWCCA is now requiring all NCC Autocross participants (for events and schools) to be registered BMWCCA members for insurance purposes. We are offering a free points event to anyone who signs up for membership. So sign up soon so that we can get your free event in the system! Please see this post for details!

*** DISCLAIMER ***

This event is hosted by another club, vendor or other non-affiliated individual, it is not organized by DCMM. It is posted here for informational purposes only and DCMM accepts no responsibility for the event planning nor what takes place during the event. Participants shall expect to be subject to the rules and guidelines set forth by the event organizer(s).

*** DISCLAIMER ***

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

The link below will take you to the registration for the school. You can do a search and find the events Registration

This is the site that handles all of the registrations for the BMWCCA NCC autocross events.

Novice question again, what class do I want to be in?
It depends on what mods you've done to the car.

To start off, you need to determine which "Group" you are in. Since you drive a Cooper S, you are in Group 2.

Then, you need to determine which class you are in. That depends entirely on what mods you have done to your car. Some mods are considered minor enough that you would be in Showroom Class, for a final class code of S2 in your case. However, there are many mods which automatically bump you to "Tuner" class, which would put you in T2 class.

Finally, the people who really went nuts and did all kinds of very serious mods to their car... go into the "Modified" class. They don't even bother with the groups at that point (i.e. it doesn't matter what kind of car you have), so that class code is just M.

The full list of rules on the classing can be found here:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I've done nothing to Lola, but don't know if any mods were added by the previous owner.
There's a very good chance that you'll be in the S2 class then. Many of us will be happy to take a closer look at Lola to see if you have any mods that bump you into T2, but it's unlikely. However, some simple mods, such as a sway bar, automatically bump you into Tuner!

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

I've done nothing to Lola, but don't know if any mods were added by the previous owner.

I'm pretty sure she's stock Catalina. If there were performance mods Craig would have found them by now.

Those cherry blossoms might add some hp though :biggrin:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

@ Will,

Come hang out! I think I'll hang out for the PM session and ride shotgun if anyone will let me.

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

@Craig,

Say hi to Bubba'nem for me! :itsme:

Will you be:ridinghorse:instead of :motor:? LOL

My dad promised to have the wagon wheels tuned up and I think he's been using Black Wow on the leather harness so Maggie and Mable (yes, it's a 2 HP wagon) are looking sharp.

He has asked me to shoot the alligator in his pond because it's eating his ducks so that will be dinner one night and I was thinking about trapping a couple of armadillo's and a possum in the backyard for another night.

I'm also ordering 100lbs of crawfish to share with my cousins Festus, Goober, Gomer, Billy Bob, Frankie Sue, Sherry Lynn and Joe (Sherry Lynn's ex-husbands older brother).

We'll send pictures. :)

My dad promised to have the wagon wheels tuned up and I think he's been using Black Wow on the leather harness so Maggie and Mable (yes, it's a 2 HP wagon) are looking sharp.

He has asked me to shoot the alligator in his pond because it's eating his ducks so that will be dinner one night and I was thinking about trapping a couple of armadillo's and a possum in the backyard for another night.

I'm also ordering 100lbs of crawfish to share with my cousins Festus, Goober, Gomer, Billy Bob, Frankie Sue, Sherry Lynn and Joe (Sherry Lynn's ex-husbands older brother).

We'll send pictures. :)

:rofl:

2009 MCS, HzB/B, CWP, PP, "BLUR" MOTORING ID: SOAR143 - MINI Community Service

2013 JCW GP, Thunder Grey, "SMOKIE" MOTORING ID: FAST060

2014 MCS Clubman, Highclass Gray, "THE ADMIRAL" 

So if I am reading the chart correctly, My front engine strut is ok for S but when I put the 22mm rear sway bar I have to jump up to T. Correct?

It depends on what mods you've done to the car.

To start off, you need to determine which "Group" you are in. Since you drive a Cooper S, you are in Group 2.

Then, you need to determine which class you are in. That depends entirely on what mods you have done to your car. Some mods are considered minor enough that you would be in Showroom Class, for a final class code of S2 in your case. However, there are many mods which automatically bump you to "Tuner" class, which would put you in T2 class.

Finally, the people who really went nuts and did all kinds of very serious mods to their car... go into the "Modified" class. They don't even bother with the groups at that point (i.e. it doesn't matter what kind of car you have), so that class code is just M.

The full list of rules on the classing can be found here:

MiniMike and TAZ!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So if I am reading the chart correctly, My front engine strut is ok for S but when I put the 22mm rear sway bar I have to jump up to T. Correct?

I'm not sure. I'll forward this to our classing coordinator. He knows all the answers. Don't let it stop your from registering. We can always reclass you if needed!:biggrin:

I'm no classing coordinator but the rules seem pretty clear to me. In the Showroom class, it says "Aftermarket Front Strut Bar Permitted" but under Sway Bars it specifically says "Stock". I interpret this to mean as any sway bar other than the one that came from the factory automatically bumps you into Tuner class. Since the rear sway bar is one of the most common and basic mods to do to a MINI, most of us in the club who autocross fall into this category, and therefore most of us run in Tuner 2. :smile:

Yep it pushes you into Tuner. I can see where it may get confusing because I think SCCA allows a 22MM rear bar as well as several other mods in stock class. We try to keep things simple as far as classing. MINIs are so tuneable even using stock parts so it can be a little hard to keep up!!

I know. Can't we just declare tomorrow as autocross day, not go to work and set up our own course? :rock:

I wish we could, that would be so much fun. Sometimes I play autocross when I go through the ATM chute, it has a lot of fun little turns and if there's no stupid mini van in my way I can have some fun for like 5 seconds

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg