lcubed

Local shop for shock installation

it's all good i had a slow moment

If I had a nickle for every time I had a 'slow moment'...I'd be in a tricked out JCW!

2009 MCS - Passenger seat delete--Rear seat delete--Arm rest delete--Cup holder delete--Seat Belt Delete--Cup holder added back because coffee

I second this... just had them install my coilovers not too far back, and I was very pleased with the price and the service. :top:

but...will they accept $20 bucks, a dozen donuts, and a coca cola as payment for services? :laugh:

2009 MCS - Passenger seat delete--Rear seat delete--Arm rest delete--Cup holder delete--Seat Belt Delete--Cup holder added back because coffee

Everything's finally in... made an appointment with PTuning for this Friday. Mike has been awesome with responding to inquiries :top:

CAM00611.jpg

Rich- really appreciate the offer to help, but PTuning is right around the corner from work. Just don't know when I'd have a free second to make it to Eldersburg! but again, thank you!!

On a semi-related note, I recently threw on a strut bar and thicker rsb (22mm) (along with WMW's adjustable sway bar links). Good lord, why didn't I do this sooner? I've always read about the difference in handling that'd be felt but I never thought it would be this dramatic. Even during regular city driving I can feel the difference. and it's a BIG difference.

Anyway, I'm preaching to the choir here lol, I know I'm late to the game! I'm really looking forward to what this Friday's suspension upgrade will do!

CAM00605.jpg

your shocks are they koni yellow or fsd? if they are fsd you can't use lowering springs with how the valving is made will destroy them

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

your shocks are they koni yellow or fsd? if they are fsd you can't use lowering springs with how the valving is made will destroy them

no clue. I threw two darts at the computer screen and ordered whatever they hit.

YOLO

no clue. I threw two darts at the computer screen and ordered whatever they hit.

YOLO

I bet you go through a lot of computer monitors like that don't you?

Definately check your struts before you install them with lowering springs - Chris is right and it'll leave you a very, very unhappy camper if you blow out those new struts that way.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I bet you go through a lot of computer monitors like that don't you?

Definately check your struts before you install them with lowering springs - Chris is right and it'll leave you a very, very unhappy camper if you blow out those new struts that way.

haha, thanks for the concern guys. :top:

They're FSDs (it's on the box haha), I was actually aware of this limitation (Way includes it in the product description on his website), and was planning on running stock springs up until about a week ago. But while looking for an aftermarket oem length spring...folks on NAM pointed me towards the eibachs; apparently this set up is the only one that has lasted for others. Something about how it's the spring rate and not the actual length of the spring itself that is the limiting factor...and eibach springs are nearly identical to oem spring rates...and ultimately what enables this combo to work. Anyway, after a good amount of research, I feel comfortable running this set up. Others have had success...and that's all I need to hear. I know it's a still a gamble...oh well, my money to waste right? ;)

Thanks gents.

Sounds like you've done your research. I'd still be concerned about the valving and internal bump stops but it sounds like it's working for others. The FSD's are great struts!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

If it work awesome I just thought you Could only use oe Springs with fsd. Is there a price difference between the two fsd n yellow

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

Sounds like you've done your research. I'd still be concerned about the valving and internal bump stops but it sounds like it's working for others. The FSD's are great struts!

yup, I'll admit I'm still slightly concerned the set up won't work, and that it's just been a fluke those where it has...but obviously that's not enough of a deterrant for me. I'm stubborn! and that's what everyone says about the FSDs! I'm looking forward to testing them out! I bumped my appt from lunch to first thing Fri morning so...I'm THAT much closer to have them on lolol.

If it work awesome I just thought you Could only use oe Springs with fsd. Is there a price difference between the two fsd n yellow

I want to say the FSDs ended up being slightly more expensive than 4 yellows...I think by about 80 bucks. This is off of Way's site though...you may be able to find them cheaper elsewhere. I just buy everything off of his site; ridiculously fast shipping!

Just got back from PTuning. My review:

Pros:

- Really cool, yet very professional staff. Kept me informed at every stage of the install!

- Great array of customer amenities...I don't think I've ever been happy to wait for my car...until today. xbox? movies? free wifi? heck. yes.

- Very competitive prices...my local garage quoted me twice what I paid. with twice the wait time.

Cons:

- Located too far from me. Not fair. :laugh:

Anyway, Mike, if you see this, I really wanted to thank you and shake your hand in person for all the help you've been along the way...unfortunately I handed the guy my keys and fell right asleep on that couch lol...I had just come off an 18-hr shift...I couldn't keep my eyelids open any longer lol!

But seriously, thanks to you and everyone there.

CAM00615.jpg

Just got back from PTuning. My review:

Pros:

- Really cool, yet very professional staff. Kept me informed at every stage of the install!

- Great array of customer amenities...I don't think I've ever been happy to wait for my car...until today. xbox? movies? free wifi? heck. yes.

- Very competitive prices...my local garage quoted me twice what I paid. with twice the wait time.

Cons:

- Located too far from me. Not fair. :laugh:

Anyway, Mike, if you see this, I really wanted to thank you and shake your hand in person for all the help you've been along the way...unfortunately I handed the guy my keys and fell right asleep on that couch lol...I had just come off an 18-hr shift...I couldn't keep my eyelids open any longer lol!

But seriously, thanks to you and everyone there.

CAM00615.jpg

Thank you Ty for giving PTUNING the opportunity to service your MINI.

Sorry, I was off last Friday and didn't get a chance to meet you in person.

I'm glad to hear the guys took good care of you and the car.

Look forward to meeting you at the next MINI meet.

Regards,

Mike @ PTUNING

AIM/Email: mike@ptuning.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PTUNING