cmcveay

Tech Day

One of our members, 271derboy, has offered to host a tech day.

Scheduled for July 23rd, start at 10 a.m.

12529 Izaak Walton Dr, Bristow VA 20136

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

First timer would like to come and watch. Please add my reservation. :top:

Name: MINIster, 2005 MCS, Pure Silver, Black Leather, ALTA pulley (15%), Green CAI, Ireland Engineering catback exhaust, Enkei 16" wheels, Aero Kit, Window Tint.

Just a heads up for those heading to Keith's tomorrow... Keith's address is roughly SSW from Manassas, VA (Google Maps link). That means many people will be likely planning to drive from I-66 through Manassas on Route 28S, or through Bull Run on Route 234S.

From yesterday (Thursday) through this coming Sunday, Manassas is celebrating the 150th anniversary of the Civil War and the Battle of First Manassas (Bull Run). It will almost certainly be very crowded. I would recommend allowing additional travel time and/or planning alternate routes that do not drive through or near Manassas or Bull Run, if you can help it.

It's for this reason I think I'm going to brave I-95S down to Dumfries and North from there Route 234 instead. That way I won't be entering Manassas nor Bull Run at all. The other option for me is to take the scenic route through the middle (through Burke, towards Clifton, using Route 645 to start off). I'm not sure yet - but the point is, plan accordingly!

Here are some websites on the event:

Planned Events and Activities - Manassas Civil War Commemorative Event

American Civil War Anniversary – Reenactment Battle of Manassas Bull Run - Prince William, Virginia

Virginia Sesquicentennial Commemoration of the American Civil War

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Thank you for that. I do not have A/C in the shop yet but I do have a large fan that realy helps. And remember no open toe shoes.

Might want to move that A/C thing up on the list.

I can't thank you enough!!! :congrats: LOTs of great tips and tricks.

Thank your wife for us too. You gave up your whole Saturday for us.

Terry

http://www.flickr.com/photos/myipictures/

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!"

Thanks for having us Keith, it was a pleasure. Learned a lot about my mini from a man that knows what he is doing. I can't wait until the next one.:top:

Name: MINIster, 2005 MCS, Pure Silver, Black Leather, ALTA pulley (15%), Green CAI, Ireland Engineering catback exhaust, Enkei 16" wheels, Aero Kit, Window Tint.

Keith - that was awesome. Thanks again. You sure have a very nice setup there! :smile:

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129