keckert

Stale air smell when A/C turned on

I have a 2009 Cooper S and lately, when I turn on my AC, the air smells like a stale musty vacuum cleaner. This goes away after about 3 minutes. Has anyone else experienced this or know how to resolve it? I'm wondering if there is an interior cabin air filter that may have gotten wet. Any thoughts are welcome!

Probably looking at a cabin filter. Can't hurt. If memory serves me right, I believe you can access it through the glove box area. Also, Fabreze makes a car freshener spray. Turn on the vents and the fan and spray into the ducts in the cowl in front of the windshield. I haven't done mine in a while, but it does freshen up the cabin. You can get it at target, Wal mart, K mart and most auto part stores. Might be worth a try first.

I bought 2 last year from eBay (just LOVE that site!), but can't remember the seller. However, here's another 1 that offers the carbon and regular types (I got the carbon) @ ~$11: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-2005-2006-MINI-COOPER-CABIN-AIR-FILTER-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ200457953687QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

image.php?u=25&type=sigpic&dateline=1424

'scuuuuze me while I kiss the sky ~ Jimi