Brian0758

Looking to upgrade brake rotors

I am going to replace my brake pads and want to upgrade my rotors. Any thoughts on what type and the best place to buy them?

Thanks in advance, Brian :top:

PS I would love to upgrade to big brake kits but due to limited funds not ready for the step :frown:

2012 Jeep Rubicon

I am going to replace my brake pads and want to upgrade my rotors. Any thoughts on what type and the best place to buy them?

Thanks in advance, Brian :top:

PS I would love to upgrade to big brake kits but due to limited funds not ready for the step :frown:

OEM at Morristown MINI or use DCMM discount at some of the local dealers.

Or...... Brembo replacement rotors :biggrin:

Has anyone ever used the Power Slot Premium Rotors?

http://www.powerslot.com/power_slot.php

Pricing seems reasonably for a slotted rotor and I like the fact they are finished in a durable black e-coat on the hat, edges and internal vanes.

I used it with my Acura a while back, looks good, works great and a reasonable price. :biggrin:

I used it with my Acura a while back, looks good, works great and a reasonable price. :biggrin:

I installed the M7 drilled & slotted rotors with Mintex red pads 2 years ago on my R53. Complete replacement for OEM. I was able to get 50k miles on the front rotors before I replaced them last month. I have OEM in the front, still have the M7 drilled/slotted in back. I just upgraded to SS brake lines with racing brake fluid a month.

Starbuck - 2006 MCS: JCW Engine and Suspension, Alta: 19mm Rear Anti-Sway Bar, Rear Control Arms (top & bottom), Rear End-Links, Alta intake hose, Alta Intercooler Diverter v2

Helix:Rear Seat Delete

M7: Front Strut Bar, 2% Crank Pulley

MiniMadness: JCW Air Filter & Polyurethane rear strut bushings.

Brian, the Hawk HPS pads work really well (I put a full set on Lona's Z) and they are very low dust as well.

Thanks for the info. I have a set of Mintex Red that I bought awhile ago and they are also suppose to be high performance/low dust. I need to replace my OEM and am planning on new rotors. I read the Power Slot are an excellent upgrade but not too expensive.

2012 Jeep Rubicon

Do power slot cyros. Well worth the money, I couldn't warp them with mulitple 150+ stops or with line lock.

2009 MINI Clubman Factory JCW CR/B

Helix BOV, DDM CAI, Helix STS, 35% tint, Black R113 wheels, eibach pro kit, 8000K 55w HID's.

2006 MINI Cooper S PS/B 176 fwhp/ 165 fwtq SOLD

2004 Pontiac GTO BLK 389 rwhp / 454 rwtq SOLD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Finally decided and got the Power Slot rotors but due to my limited budget could not upgrade to the cyro treated.:frown: Now I need to run over to MachV's to pickup some braided brake lines, ATE brake fluid and the brake caliper paint kit. :top:

2012 Jeep Rubicon