GreenCactus

Poll: RMW Remote Tune

Would you be interested in the RMW Remote Tune?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in the RMW Remote Tune?

• Yes - On a Saturday
    • Yes - On a Sunday
    • Yes - I don't care what day
    • Maybe
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

For anyone who may be interested, I've gotten updated info on the RMW tunes by Jan. There are lots of posts on North American Motoring about the results of Jan's work. You can have an RMW tune done on your MINI that has been modified or a bone stock MINI to take advantage of what our little sports cars can do. Of course, with some mods, the benefits gained will be greater.

In addition to the cost for the tune, there is a fee for the use of the dyno (yes, the car is run on the dyno to find out exactly what you've gotten for your $$$). I forgot to ask Dan what their dyno rates are but if I remember the cost when I checked before, it's around 100 and hour and a tune will require approximately 1 hour on the dyno.

These are custom tunes, set up for your car with your mods, not a "canned" tune that is just loaded on the ECU of every other R53 or R56 out there. Again, if you are interested in getting more out of your MINI, please browse through the posts on NAM to see what's been written and if you would like to have this work done, please let me know on the poll. We need a minimum of 8 cars to get Jan to come out and there is no maximum number.

Oh, the prices on the tune will make us happy that we drive MINI's and not some other cars that Jan works on...

Cost of the custom RMW tune (provided by Jan on Monday, 1 February 2010)

R53s $350

R56 $600

Porsche 996 turbos $1500

Porsche 997s NA $1000

BMW 135/335i $900

Edited by cmcveay
cleaned up formatting

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Okay folks, we've got enough people interested so I've asked Jan for a primary and a secondary date for a tuning session. As soon as he gets back to me, I'll make sure the dates work for Dan at Mach V and I'll keep everyone posted.

Start saving your milk money boys and girls!:motor:

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold