dustinkrause

2006 MINI Cooper S JCW GP #0525

Hi DC-Metro MINI folks! 

Greetings from Loudoun County. 

Just acquired a 2006 MINI Cooper S JCW "GP1", this is my 5th or 6th MINI. It was essentially a barn-find in southern New York, but <40k miles and in quite good condition minus a couple small dings that I'll have PDR'd and a paint correction detail. I've also got a scheduled maintenance scheduled at GT Peace in a couple weeks. (Recharge AC and a low-mileage Oil Change... and to get other recommendations from tech to do before fall.) What is the opinion of GT Peace as a shop; should I just go to the dealer in Sterling?  

I started my career with MINI in 2003 and have since worked with a few automakers and within the automotive world for 20+ years now... I, of course, had a boatload of rare R53 JCW parts that I let go of years ago, but now I'll be on the hunt for stuff again --- would love to see if any local members have any R53 items they would like to sell, specifically JCW and/or GP1 related. Let me know! Happy to be in the group.

Any other GP1 owners in the area?! 

IMG_1853.jpeg

• Like 1

I'd only go to Sterling if it was absolutely necessary. GTPeace has been fantastic and the only place I know a few of us go because they are honest and do fantastic work.

I don't believe we have any other GP1s in the club.

Welcome!

IMG_0147.jpg

I second the recommendation for GT Peace! The whole crew there is awesome and the customer service is top notch. I've been taking my car there for years and they do an excellent job!

-STEVE

2009 Mellow Yellow MCS, JCW Aero Package, JCW intake, JCW Steering Wheel, NM Engineering strut tower brace, Nvidia Q300 Cat Back Exhaust, ST XTA Coilovers, Madness Motorworks 22mm Adjustable Rear Sway Bar, GP2 Rear Diffuser, Powerflex front control arm bushings, R112 Black Challenge Wheels, Bridgestone Potenza Tires