Paul Dominick

2013 Mini R56S hatchback sunroof rattle and repair shop recommendation.

My panoramic sun roof rattles constantly when in the closed position. The Mini dealer says only a $4000.0 replacement will stop this. Any thoughts on what to try to stop this. I f I partially open it the annoying rattle will stop.  I am also looking for reputable repair shops in the Baltimore Metro and surrounding area. Who would you recommend?

it is usually one of two things, take a trox bit and make sure all the screws are tight in the tray. If you hear it only when the roof is closed it is usually the the wind diffuser at the front (the thing that pops up) rattling against the glass when closed. Try putting a two or three inch strip of felt tape at the top center edge. see if the solves your problem, dealer will never admit to a poorly design part. 

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Thank for the information. I will try that. Do you have any shop recommendations in the MD. area foror independent shops. I have a Check engine issue with a higher the normal idle PO 0507 that the dealer can't seem to fix. They want $1400.00 to replace throttle body for START and then recheck from there. What a joke. Another shop told me it was caused by using having Champion plugs. Changed to NGK and no difference was expected or resolved. Car runs fine and has no idle issue other then the annoying check light.

15 hours ago, Paul Dominick said:

Thank for the information. I will try that. Do you have any shop recommendations in the MD. area foror independent shops. I have a Check engine issue with a higher the normal idle PO 0507 that the dealer can't seem to fix. They want $1400.00 to replace throttle body for START and then recheck from there. What a joke. Another shop told me it was caused by using having Champion plugs. Changed to NGK and no difference was expected or resolved. Car runs fine and has no idle issue other then the annoying check light.

Tagging @1975_mini