scotty

Any options would be great

So I was hoping someone might have a idea of the issue I am having. My air conditioning will only blow cold air when I first start the car but as soon as I start to drive or accelerate it goes straight to warm. Compressor is working and it is charged with refrigerant. I was thinking a vacuum leak but if anyone can help I would be so grateful 

On 6/23/2023 at 2:00 PM, scotty said:

So I was hoping someone might have a idea of the issue I am having. My air conditioning will only blow cold air when I first start the car but as soon as I start to drive or accelerate it goes straight to warm. Compressor is working and it is charged with refrigerant. I was thinking a vacuum leak but if anyone can help I would be so grateful 

All are just possibilities, but based on the info provided it could be a few things:

- Yes a vacuum leak could be the cause

- Also could be a failing pressure valve, not allowing expansion causing the high pressure switch to cut the compressor

- You said the system is charged, could it be over charged if system was topped off with the DIY can refrigerant. This would cause the high pressure switch to cut the compressor.

All are just guesses based in info, and likely needs to be further investigated  by a AC diag machine.

• Like 1

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

Thank you very much for your input I have had a couple different people tell me it could be those exact same things so I am going to have the mechanic I work with throw his gauges on it and see what numbers we get. I am just hoping it's not something that's going to cost me thousands to fix. Again thank you for your response 🙏🙏

• Like 1

On 6/26/2023 at 12:30 PM, scotty said:

Thank you very much for your input I have had a couple different people tell me it could be those exact same things so I am going to have the mechanic I work with throw his gauges on it and see what numbers we get. I am just hoping it's not something that's going to cost me thousands to fix. Again thank you for your response 🙏🙏

Hey Scotty, what I also notice on mine is the hose from AC compressor to condenser found its way on the header and it melted the hose leaving a hole in it. Maybe this also might be the case?

IMG_0464.jpeg

• Like 1