elblindve

Sound system upgrade for GP3

16 hours ago, elblindve said:

Greetings!!

I'm a recently registered member. I drive a 2021 JCW GP3 and just completed a sound system upgrade but having lots of problems either with voltage or bad wiring. Can someone direct me to a good stereo installer that might be able to help me? Thank you

Just curious, because it's a 2021 could you not take it to the dealer and have them look at it under warranty? Or have you tried that route already?

• Like 1

Thank you STXMINI for responding to my post. Yes, the dealership has intervened and determined all systems are working and that the problem is how the system has been connected to the car, they checked fuse box, battery and electrical system in general. No car problems at all. The installer has checked and rechecked to exhaustion and he's, as I am, at a loss, so maybe here's a good opportunity for a second opinion. Thanks again

• Like 2

Nice to see another GP 3 owner in the group! Sorry I’m just seeing this now but if you haven’t sorted this yet and don’t mind the drive, the guys at Westminster Speed and Sound know their stuff. They installed my GP’s full upgrade - amp, speakers and sub and was very happy with the work and the set up. They really know their BMWs up their. 

• Like 2

Thank you Zach for your attention to my posting, and thank you for guiding me to Westminster Speed and Sound. It's been a hassle trying to figure out what's wrong, my suspicion is towards the connection with the OEM amplifier. I hope they'll be able to solve it. How do you like your GP3? What number do you have? I was able to secure my request, 1661.

• Like 1

Happy to help and hope they can get it sorted. I’ve got #0940 and have been loving it since the day it arrived. I actually like the fact that it didn’t come “perfect” and has provided plenty of fun doing upgrades here and there over the last few years. Latest was adding 15mm spacers last week to finally fill out the arches properly. 

• Like 2