Mav

What changes to the audio/speaker system have you done?

Hey again! As I finish dechroming and get ready for my rally lights I wanted to see what you all have done with the entertainment? Currently I run a 500W 10" Tube subwoofer in the back. Bass on a budget as I call it since it was an $80 powered subwoofer with $200 for fantastic wire installation. Sometime this week I get a new 1200W slim vented sub ill be replacing so I can reclaim a little bit of extra space in the back. If you are like me and want some great kick for a REALLY cheap price look into the Rockville powered subs! I'll post a before and after photo of each sub and the difference in space they take up once i get it!

Cool, Bass is good! 😄

I just replaced my factory speakers. I went with MTX Terminator 6.5 component in front, and MTX Terminator 6x9 in rear.  They aren't the most pricey, but make a great upgrade over stock. I had already replaced the head unit about 8 years ago with a Kenwood Excelon unit. My recollection is the factory Boost HU only had 6watts per channel, whereas the Kenwood has 22, the OEM speakers had started sounding like mush, so far, it's sounding great now!

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

That sounds great! I had wanted to replace my factory midranges with something more durable for a while now. I was actually pretty happy with the overall quality and bass of the stock system but with my choice of music extra bass was required. Thats when i started trying to do research on what the new (okay not SUPER new) head units put out. So I could make sure I was getting speakers that werent too demanding. In the end I gave up on that for now and settled just for more bass. If i blow these out i know replacement OEM midranges are cheap and easy to replace.

Sony is making a HU that puts out 45x4 Watts RMS!  When you say 'Bass', do you mean DJ BASS BOY sorta Bass? 😄

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com