1975_mini

RVA MINI Event: Richmond Raceway Track Laps

Event Title: RVA MINI Event: Richmond Raceway Track Laps

Event Date: 10/06/2018 09:15 AM to 10/06/2018 02:00 PM

Event Address: 8712 W Broad St, richmond, va, 23294

This is not a DCMM event, but a great opportunity to support another MINI club and a great cause

You can take your MINI Cooper for a spin around Richmond Raceway! For just $15 (Cash only for this group meet up), you can take five laps around the historic 3/4-mile D-shape oval. You will be able to see a unique view of the new DC Solar FanGrounds, and how it feels to take to the banks of America's Premier Short Track.

All proceeds benefit Richmond Raceway Cares, a donor advised fund of The NASCAR Foundation, a 501(c)3 charitable entity, that donates racing-related items and offers financial support to assist community outreach programs and other nonprofit charities.

We will plan to meet at Crown MINI at by 9:15 am. A short drivers meeting following this and wheels up at 9:30 to head over to Richmond Raceway. Following the track laps, we'll plan to gather for a group photo in front of the grandstands. Details are being worked on now to coordinate our staging for photos, etc. 

We will depart for lunch where we will meet up at the Northside Grill, located at 1217 Bellevue Ave, Richmond, VA 23227, for some good eats and fellowship. 

Look forward to seeing ya'll there! This will be AWESOME!

PS: Remember to bring $15 cash, as this is the only form of payment that will be accepted for this event.

https://www.facebook.com/events/725119414491061/

RSVP on the event here: RVA MINI Event: Richmond Raceway Track Laps

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

4 hours ago, GreenCactus said:

Does anyone know if this is a "parade lap" or a free for all? There doesn't seem to be a consensus on the RVA page about it. 

For $15 bucks and no helmet requirement mentions it will be follow the leader with groups of like 5 at a time, with speed dependent on the groups ability to keep up.  If you have someone not keeping their spacing you the track leader will slow the pace.

Just my low educated opinion.

1975Mini001.jpg

17 hours ago, 1975_mini said:

For $15 bucks and no helmet requirement mentions it will be follow the leader with groups of like 5 at a time, with speed dependent on the groups ability to keep up.  If you have someone not keeping their spacing you the track leader will slow the pace.

Just my low educated opinion.

That makes sense. We had a pace car at Pocono, but they did 65mph. I was the last in the group and got over 100mph and I know the car in front of me did too. 

It doesn't look like I'll be going anyway. I would have to leave no later than 6am to get there. That's just not going to happen. :)

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

4 hours ago, GreenCactus said:

That makes sense. We had a pace car at Pocono, but they did 65mph. I was the last in the group and got over 100mph and I know the car in front of me did too. 

It doesn't look like I'll be going anyway. I would have to leave no later than 6am to get there. That's just not going to happen. :)

I think I am run down the evening before are crash at my parents house in Richmond

1975Mini001.jpg