So I just purchased my first Mini Cooper and I love my car it is the first one I bought in a long while. I've only been driving it two days (about 76 miles). and i kind of just putter to stop. I'm afraid to see the clutch break so soon. and i don't want to see it go away so soon.

Here is the details on my car:

09 Cooper S

100,500 miles

according to Carfax the clutch was last replace at around 32K miles but It all the recommended maintenance was taken care at 97,000 miles.

So my assumptions is immediately at the clutch, but others are thinking it has more to do with the linkage between the stick and gear shitfter.

Please Help!

Going to need a bit more info to take an educated guess:

are you able to shift to neutral with the car off and start it? (the car runs with the clutch not engaged)

If yes, can you place it in first with the clutch engaged or is the a grinding gear sound or a stumble and stall?

If you can shift into first with no grinding or stall, when you try to take off does it feel like it is in a higher gear or not in gear at all?

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

It wont start with out me pressing in the clutch. baring all electrical the motor still wants the clutch to turn over

I can shift into all gears except 5 and 6 with appear to be locked out until such time as the car recognizes that it is safe to do so.

I can also shift into one and two with out actually engaging the clutch.

When I engage my clutch while i'm in first and try to go it is like there is nothing there the engine revs but it isn't pulling the same is true for 2-4 as well as R

On 6/15/2018 at 12:02 AM, Mkineard1992 said:

So I just purchased my first Mini Cooper and I love my car it is the first one I bought in a long while. I've only been driving it two days (about 76 miles). and i kind of just putter to stop. I'm afraid to see the clutch break so soon. and i don't want to see it go away so soon.

Here is the details on my car:

09 Cooper S

100,500 miles

according to Carfax the clutch was last replace at around 32K miles but It all the recommended maintenance was taken care at 97,000 miles.

So my assumptions is immediately at the clutch, but others are thinking it has more to do with the linkage between the stick and gear shitfter.

Please Help!

I have had the same issue with my 2003, and I found it in the gear shift knob. The silver part you depress gets stuck.? I'm sure you have already taken care of your issue, but for future info!? ✌️✌️❤️❤️