HasAnMTBProblem

Best paint shops in the area?

Curious who has had any paint work done on their Minis, especially uncommon colors. Not looking for pearl or metallics or anything. But the color I want is not common, at all. So, who do you use/have you used, and what was your experience like?

image.php?u=1714&type=sigpic&dateline=14

"Big Pig" - KW V3 Coilovers - Hotchkis rear control arms - Milltek cat back exhaust with black MBRP tips - Flat black vinyl wrapped head/tail light rights - ECS Black Line Tail Lights - Outmotoring Smoked Side Markers - Outmotoring Smoked Scuttle Turn Signals - Joey Mod Head lights - Outmotoring LED Driving Lights - Enkei T6S 18x8 et42 Wheels - Continental ExtremeContact Sport 235/40R18

When I got Tigger repainted I went to the MAACO in Hampton roads. It's owned by a MINI guy Dale Blankenship. He did a great job and it was very reasonable. I had him switch the color slightly from hot orange to Valencia orange

I've seen him do some really pretty work on MINIs. There was a MINI in his club where he masked the stripes in and painted a clear glitter to give this subtle metallic bonnet stripes.

He's done a lot of MINIs. Yes, it's 150 miles away but I rented a car and still paid thousands less than I would have in this area. I had it done in Nov 2012, the paint still looks good. A few tiny chips where the boot closes at the edge of the door and in the front where the clear bra doesn't cover. He even painted the black plastic and that's holding up fine.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

If you want high quality work, I highly recommend D&V Autobody, in Sterling VA. (703)661-8545

They aren't the cheapest, and they aren't the fastest, but they do top notch work... as you will able to tell from the range of cars they work on (including exotics).

I've had both my MINI and my Mustang in there for extensive work and I've been very happy with the results. The manager there is Kevin - good guy.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129