TGGRRR (Ali)

Manassas Christmas Parade 2016

It was fun! I took so many precautions to prevent the costume falling off (gravity) that I didn't do enough to account for WIND! Steve (battpodd) gave me some good ideas so that I can do better next year, especially if I decide to dress my MINI up in something that wants to be a kite again.

Thanks to all the walkers (and one kind spectator) who helped me with my wardrobe malfunctions :-).

Maybe next year, we can order the candy in bulk online and put little DCMM stickers on them as a bit of PR?

Third place? I wonder if the judges liked those groups since they all kind of looked the same - which might be tough for MINIacs to do since the COOL thing about MINIacs is that we (I guess I'm owning up to being one now) are all so different.

No matter where we placed, it was still AWESOME seeing everyone out there and I got to sing my holiday songs over and over until I was hoarse.

2011 Spice Orange Cabrio - embracing the chrome!

It was fun! I took so many precautions to prevent the costume falling off (gravity) that I didn't do enough to account for WIND! Steve (battpodd) gave me some good ideas so that I can do better next year, especially if I decide to dress my MINI up in something that wants to be a kite again.

Thanks to all the walkers (and one kind spectator) who helped me with my wardrobe malfunctions :-).

Maybe next year, we can order the candy in bulk online and put little DCMM stickers on them as a bit of PR?

Third place? I wonder if the judges liked those groups since they all kind of looked the same - which might be tough for MINIacs to do since the COOL thing about MINIacs is that we (I guess I'm owning up to being one now) are all so different.

No matter where we placed, it was still AWESOME seeing everyone out there and I got to sing my holiday songs over and over until I was hoarse.

Well said! It was a lot of fun!!!

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

We would crush next year if we did a MINI version of the Lexus LIT IS:

http://bgr.com/2016/12/05/lexus-lit-is-leds-video/

We'd only need about half the LEDs - so about 20,000 instead of 42,000. I know you MINIacs out there are thinking the same thing I am....

Very cool - too bad it's illegal to drive on the street though!

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Very cool - too bad it's illegal to drive on the street though!

Doesn't matter in the parade. Many of us had our license plates covered, and I had amber/white emergency service lights flashing. I think if we're smart about doing this, we can lay a pre-fitted net on the MINI LIT come dressing time. We can have fun programming different patterns and at least the actual name of the fricken theme. Awesome how we're starting strategy way early!

-Chris

It would be fun if the parade was at night. It would be easier to see all of the lights.

On a separate note... I was driving home last night and saw a Jeep Wrangler on the Beltway that had Christmas lights strung all over it (they were not on) and wondered if they had been in the parade.

image.php?u=8&type=sigpic&dateline=14186

Doesn't matter in the parade. Many of us had our license plates covered, and I had amber/white emergency service lights flashing. I think if we're smart about doing this, we can lay a pre-fitted net on the MINI LIT come dressing time. We can have fun programming different patterns and at least the actual name of the fricken theme. Awesome how we're starting strategy way early!

Brilliant!!!!

It would be fun if the parade was at night. It would be easier to see all of the lights.

On a separate note... I was driving home last night and saw a Jeep Wrangler on the Beltway that had Christmas lights strung all over it (they were not on) and wondered if they had been in the parade.

There is a night parade in Manassas but they only wanted one car, uhhhh that's not going to work!!!

Did you give the Jeep dagger eyes just in case?

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg