MissEvo2Mini

Just thought I'd say hello

Hello my name is Jen and Im in the DC area. My current vehicle is a modded evo and Ive been eyeing the mini for quite some time as a daily driver. I figured a mini would be perfect since I am a petite woman. Just registered on this forum to learn as much as I can about minis before purchasing the right one. Im looking into the 03-04 mini however, Im open to advice that any of you may give and possibly attend a mini meet in the area (if I am allowed). The plan is to purchase one sometime next year (hopefully).

Hello my name is Jen and Im in the DC area. My current vehicle is a modded evo and Ive been eyeing the mini for quite some time as a daily driver. I figured a mini would be perfect since I am a petite woman. Just registered on this forum to learn as much as I can about minis before purchasing the right one. Im looking into the 03-04 mini however, Im open to advice that any of you may give and possibly attend a mini meet in the area (if I am allowed). The plan is to purchase one sometime next year (hopefully).

Welcome to the MINI world. :biggrin:

We'll have a few meetup in the next couple of week. Please feel free to swing by.

Looking forward to see you and your EVO. :top:

Do any of you attend those chic-fill-a meets at the dulles town center? Im always in that area and try to stop by from time to time. It would be nice to see some of you there. Everytime I go, I usually dont see minis.

wasn't aware of the Dulles Town Center gatherings but will be happy to attend since its near by. More info?

+1, more info please. :top:

It's at the Chick-Fil-A right across from the Best Buy in Sterling near the Dulles Town Center Mall. They happen every Friday night as long as the weather is nice.

I've been attending them regularly for the past 6 years or so. I always have a great time.

'03 JB MCS- SOLD: JCW front bumper, intake, exhaust, brakes, CF dash, 15% pulley, Multifunction Steering Wheel retrofit, Euro white taillights, Factory Driving Lights, Wyvern Motorsports Rear Seat Delete, and more....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's at the Chick-Fil-A right across from the Best Buy in Sterling near the Dulles Town Center Mall. They happen every Friday night as long as the weather is nice.

I've been attending them regularly for the past 6 years or so. I always have a great time.

Is it the same kind of gathering as the one in Rockville (Montrose Crossing) on Friday night? :wink:

Is it the same kind of gathering as the one in Rockville (Montrose Crossing) on Friday night? :wink:

i use to attend rockville meets all the time. its actually better then the rockville meets in my opinion. much nicer cars, no cops to kick you out of the lot, and less immature people who like to rev or do burnouts in the parking lot to show off like rockville lol. also, there's a pretty good turnout if the weather is nice.

Sounds like something to do on a Friday night! What time do people start showing up? I'll need time to give the girl a bath and shine 'er up a bit!

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Sounds like something to do on a Friday night! What time do people start showing up? I'll need time to give the girl a bath and shine 'er up a bit!

the classic cars and vettes usually meet earlier around 4 to 5ish. the rest of the cars start to arrive from 5pm-7pm ish and is usually there till whenever.

Here is the address to the chic-fil-a meets on Fridays in case any of you are interested:

45440 Dulles Crossing Plaza

Sterling, VA 20166

703/444-0300

It is located in the parking lot of the Lowe's Home Improvement in Dulles/Sterling, VA.

Meets are every friday nights during the spring/summer/fall.

Great!!! I agree with you that the Rockville one was kind of wild !!! Sometime it was a little too wild to my taste :wink:

the classic cars and vettes usually meet earlier around 4 to 5ish. the rest of the cars start to arrive from 5pm-7pm ish and is usually there till whenever.

Here is the address to the chic-fil-a meets on Fridays in case any of you are interested:

45440 Dulles Crossing Plaza

Sterling, VA 20166

703/444-0300

It is located in the parking lot of the Lowe's Home Improvement in Dulles/Sterling, VA.

Meets are every friday nights during the spring/summer/fall.

Awesome. Sounds like a plan for the next "Coffee & MINIs". :biggrin:

Do any of you attend those chic-fill-a meets at the dulles town center? Im always in that area and try to stop by from time to time. It would be nice to see some of you there. Everytime I go, I usually dont see minis.

I've been to a few with my Clubman. But it's hit/miss as to whether we'll make it, or how long we'll stay.

Great!!! I agree with you that the Rockville one was kind of wild !!! Sometime it was a little too wild to my taste :wink:

Awesome. Sounds like a plan for the next "Coffee & MINIs". :biggrin:

I'll definitely keep posted for any meets and try to swing by if I can. I hope you guys dont mind me asking a couple of questions about your rides.:embarassed:

A couple of months ago, I attended a mach v meet and a few modded minis showed up...which led into my love affair with minis and my quest to purchase one as a dd. Hubby and I both have matching evos, maybe I can convince him into buying a matching mini as well :laugh:

Some said it's normally started at 5.30pm until late (1pm ?), with 50-200 cars depending on how nice the weather is. Some were travelling back and forth from here to Rockville meetup. :)

Here is some pix from last weekend.

3800201536_6ee0e555cb_b.jpg

3799380551_05450d246a_b.jpg

3800203048_93fbfba5d5_b.jpg

3799385425_4f89844bfd_b.jpg

3799370363_45719e341f_b.jpg

3799371935_bb0b45633b_b.jpg

3800192982_5b0f7bd4af_b.jpg

3800179526_f2b6645e87_b.jpg

3799362131_bac6bbe5e6_b.jpg

3799358819_4648e9f233_b.jpg

3799354327_54bf48d779_b.jpg

3799352665_18d1ec6415_b.jpg

3800170242_404d8f0f6f_b.jpg

3799349941_0ae77c4228_b.jpg

images from g35drivers.com

Any info on a general time frame? I'd hate to make the trip out there and be too early or, worse, too late.

I've gotten there around 7PM before, and there's a lot of activity. The photos posted of last week, it was primarily a classic / hot rod theme with 50's music playing. Other times, it could be 350Zs, EVOs, and others of that ilk. But you'll always see a nice spread of cars, with plenty of car enthusiasts :)

There are plenty of restaurants in the area as well. Usually when we go, we get a bite to eat beforehand, then go 'walk it off' :biggrin:

-Jim