LostDenverite

Painting MINI parts

This is a simple job for another MINI owner. They got their mirror caps painted Pepper White (done via PMOA), now they want their brake ducts done the same. I'm assuming the dealer adds on their cut for handling the work(?), so I'm suggesting she not go back to the dealer for this.

My question is where should she take them to get them painted? Anyone know who PMOA uses? Thanks.

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13

You can order for like 20 bucks. Paint code matched paint in spray can form, I know Corey did it for Watsons engine bay and it matched perfectly. It's a quick do it yourself job

Spray can from the dealer?

Second paint needed for gloss/protective covering?

TIA.

Spray can from the dealer?

Second paint needed for gloss/protective covering?

TIA.

$20 for 12 oz can of spray paint matched to your paint color code...

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/spray_paint_matched.aspx

They also have a 12 oz can of clearcoat to finish for gloss/protection, $8 for that...

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/spray_paint_clearcoat.aspx

The company MikeV posted the link to is the one I used for Watson. I used the one that was clear coat and base in one, but that was because I was doing the engine bay. For the exterior I would do it was two separate layers, as you should wet sand each layer. That is how I did brandy's scoop and mirror caps on Ebony.

I would also recommend scuffing the ducts with a find sand paper and using a plastic primer. It sounds like a lot of steps but it is actually very easy, just patients and take your time.

1975Mini001.jpg

1975 Mini 1000, 998cc A+ w/ K&N air filter, 10" Mamba wheels

The company MikeV posted the link to is the one I used for Watson. I used the one that was clear coat and base in one, but that was because I was doing the engine bay. For the exterior I would do it was two separate layers, as you should wet sand each layer. That is how I did brandy's scoop and mirror caps on Ebony.

I would also recommend scuffing the ducts with a find sand paper and using a plastic primer. It sounds like a lot of steps but it is actually very easy, just patients and take your time.

Yup, yup. The website has been great (thanks again MikeV. Next time we cross paths, first round is on me).

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/spray-paint-directions.htm

I really want to paint my brake calipers orange. I've had the special paint for like 2 years but could never leave Tigger on jacks for 24 hours, now with Fluffy I can do that.

Maybe in Sept, someone can help me?

I know a guy who does calipers and other small parts.....he might even be a sponsor on this forum.....:itsme: