GratefulDave

Mini repair shop near White Oak FDA campus

Hi, just moved here to work at FDA campus on New Hampshire ave. I own a 2009 clubman s with about 126000 mi. Has a coolant leak. What I've read is it is common for thermostat and housing to go. Any recommendations on a goog local mechanic. I can't afford dealer prices. And how much will this repair cost? Thanks

There's Scandinavian in Rockville but that's on the other side of the county...or at least it's not as close as you want. There probably some DCMM members that use them. I'm positive there are C3M (Central Md MINI) members that take there car there. I've heard good things. They do BMW, Saab, Volvo and MINI

Edited by Shadow

Grey Goose: 2016 F56 Moonwalk Grey JCW - TTFS/GTPeace Custom Stage 1 (Present)
Shadow: 2011 R56 HT MB/MB - MANIC Stage 1 (Past)

Hi, just moved here to work at FDA campus on New Hampshire ave. I own a 2009 clubman s with about 126000 mi. Has a coolant leak. What I've read is it is common for thermostat and housing to go. Any recommendations on a goog local mechanic. I can't afford dealer prices. And how much will this repair cost? Thanks

I'm down the road from you near the SS Metro. I know of nothing in the White Oak area and the shops I am familiar with were for my former and older cars (Subie, Acura, Mistubishi), I don't know how well they would do with a MINI.

That said, the only place in MD that I know knows a MINI is Scandinavian, but they aren't near you. I've a few people with older MINIs in my neighborhood (*not* MINI enthusiasts). I'll try to ring their doorbells and find out who they use and get back to you. However, they may use the same local shops I referenced above, one in SS and the other next door in Takoma Park.

image.php?u=1046&type=sigpic&dateline=13