TGGRRR (Ali)

Assisting with Phil Wicks Driving school

Event cancelled, please see more posted from Phil Wicks.

11/01/14

Bowie Baysox stadium

Phil Wicks will be teaching a driving school for a high school and needs volunteers to work with the students and manage the course.

What's in it for me you ask?

You'll be able to jump in the car with some students and help them out. You'll get seat time to play on the autocross course in between helping.

NCC BMW club will be there too with volunteers to help out.

It should be a fun day with some good driving. If you've never done autocross but are curious, this would be a great event to start. It's free, you are paying with your volunteer service to help.

The volunteer duties would include:

*Help set-up the course (placing cones)

*Assisting in running the event (riding along in the car with the student as they go through the course) -- a briefing for everyone will be held before the curriculum starts at 9:00 am

There are two sessions during the day -- one from 9-12 and the afternoon sessions from 1-4. Each session will consist of approximately 30 drivers in their own cars, subdivided into 3 groups; therefore there will be a maximum of 10 cars participating in the driving exercises at any given time. The other two groups will be in classroom or preparing to drive the course.

During the lunch break -- 12:00 - 1:00 -- the local BMW Club (they are supplying the cones) will set up an autocross course that all volunteers are welcome to participate in.

Volunteer for one of 3 options:

8am - 12:00

1pm - 5:00

All day

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

I might be able to help in the afternoon. I need to drive up to Baltimore in the morning but I could probably come back to Bowie by 1pm.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I might be able to help in the afternoon. I need to drive up to Baltimore in the morning but I could probably come back to Bowie by 1pm.

If you can that would be great. I emailed Phil with the numbers that we had as of this morning and he was very happy.

But I think one or two more in the afternoon might be helpful

Tggrrr010.jpg

Good afternoon.

We just received word that the event on November 1 at Baysox Stadium -- the accident avoidance curriculum -- has been postponed until next spring/summer. I know you have arranged your schedules to help with this event and I am very appreciative.

So, again, thank you for your interest in helping us and I hope you will be available to help when we reschedule next year.

Cheers!

Phil Wicks

Phil Wicks Driving Academy

http://www.minidriving.com

314-330-6449

Tggrrr010.jpg

Please RSVP no to indicate that you know the event is cancelled. If your response isn't changed by tomorrow I'll start sending out private messages. I don't want anyone getting up early, driving to Bowie and then finding out that the event is cancelled

Tggrrr010.jpg