TGGRRR (Ali)

Dinner with Phil Wicks

Please joins us at the Union Street Public House in Alexandria for dinner with Phil Wicks

Time 5:00

121 S Union St, Alexandria, VA 22314 (This is in Old Town, near the water)

Parking will be either on street or in the lot across the street which is in the $5 - $7 range.

Please note: they have a one check policy for groups and only take 4 cards on a check, they also have an ATM machine on premises.

Who's Phil Wick????

You can google him, he was a driver of one of the Mini's in the original Italian job and he runs a driving academy. He will be setting up more driving schools at Summit point now that he has a partial sponsorship with Passport MINI.

He asked to meet us and he's a super nice guy.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

Thanks to everyone for coming out. Phil told me several times that he really enjoyed himself and he was very happy to have so many of us come out.

I hope everyone had a nice time

:top:

Thanks for putting this together, really nice meeting him and his friend!

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

For those of you that came to the dinner we made a great impression. Here's the nice note I just got

Ali -- I really enjoyed meeting you and your fellow club members last Saturday evening. I travel the country quite a lot talking to MINI Cooper dealerships and clubs. Your welcoming hospitality was exceptional and I felt very "at home" being with everyone.

I hope many of your members will take the opportunity to visit Passport MINI on this Saturday, February 22. My dear friend and business associate, Roger Brusnahan, and his daughter, Megan, (one of my One-on-One student) are planning to attend. We are currently building a track day/racecar MINI Cooper for Megan at our shop here in Columbia SC.

Passport MINI would be impressed if as many of your members as possible could attend this event. And you could take the opportunity to express the Club's desire to become better and safer drivers through the Phil Wicks Driving Academy on-track curriculum.

Hope to see you all at a Phil Wicks Driving Academy event at Summit Point. Cheers!

Phil Wicks

Phil Wicks Driving Academy

http://www.minidriving.com

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg