cbryant82

JCW Steering wheel?

For all you JCW owners out there; is the steering wheel that much better than the stock MCS one? I saw that WMW sells the JCW for a pretty reasonable price, but just curious if it feels much better in hand.:questionmark:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]2003 MINI Cooper S Indi Blue, 16% WMW Pulley, One Ball Mod, DDM Works Intake, Helix Short Throw Adapter, Rear Seat Delete.

YES. :top:

One bit of advice though... many people love the alcantara (suede) version better, because of its soft feel... but the all leather version is much more durable and will last longer, especially if the car is parked in the sun.

I've seen a number of 1st Gen JCW alcantara steering wheels where it was just falling apart. My all-leather JCW wheel is still going strong though, after many years!

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

Well I can't find the all leather version of the 1st Gen JCW Wheel, so I think I'm just gonna make due with what I have for now. In the future though maybe I'll have a garage and the Alcantara wheel will make its way onto Mindi!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]2003 MINI Cooper S Indi Blue, 16% WMW Pulley, One Ball Mod, DDM Works Intake, Helix Short Throw Adapter, Rear Seat Delete.

I've got the Alcantara/leather JCW wheel, had it for about 2 years now. It's holding up fine. But I don't park it in the sun either.

The key is to keep your hands clean. If you are one that uses a lot of lotions, or sweat a lot, it may not be for you.

The wheel itself is much better than stock. It's thicker, and more squishy. It feels great... The stock wheel feels like a brick now.

No matter where you go, there you are!