VaMike

Stone Guards

Hey guys,

I love the way the magnetic stone guards look on my new CR R59, but I know I can't leave them in place all the time. I also worry about scratching the paint underneath them regardless of how clean and careful I might be.

That made me think that maybe I could have some custom guards cut from black stripe material and applied permanently.

Do any of you know of anyone who might have thought of tried something similar?

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts and comments.

...Mike

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]"Rigsby" - 13 R59 MCRSm, CR, Blk SS, 17" Blk Star Bullets, Blk HL and FL, Blk Mirrors, Stone Guards, Chrome Line Ext & Int, JCW Int, Championship B/R, Packs: 1, 2, 3, 4, HK w/Sirius, NAV, MC, PDC

I have black vinyl rock guards on my Elise, they work great and are more permanent, but they won't last forever. They end up tearing after so many washes, get holes and rips from rocks and if you AutoX you get alot of cone marks.

image.php?u=1185&type=sigpic&dateline=13

I used to have black CF look vinyl rock guards on Tigger, there are places that will make them pre-cut, but if you can cut yourself they'll be more accurate.

They worked fine but a few times I hit them with some wax and because of the CF texture I could never get the damn wax out and wound up with white smears that made me nuts.

If I did it again, I'd use clear vinyl like a clear bra.

I have learned the hard way about tape on accessories, I am thinking magnetic is the same. When I took off my taped on hood scoop the finish on the original hood scoop was totally scratched from grime getting in there.

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg