gnhovis

For Sale: Towing Hitch

Much to my surprise and amazement, when I went to install a rear fog light, I found out my car had a towing hitch. Since I don't need one, I thought I'd try to see if anyone else does. I bought the car in June '11 so the hitch was installed some time during the previous 5 years. It doesn't look it was ever used. It's in pretty good shape, just the wear you would expect from riding out multiple winters around here.

It's a Class 1 Receiver Hitch, model M1003 from MINI Do More, which according to their website will fit the following vehicles:

05-06 Cooper S Hardtop without rear fog light

05-08 Cooper S Convertible without rear fog light

07-10 Cooper S Hardtop

09-10 Cooper S Convertible

Does not include wiring harness but you might be able to get one from MINI Do More. See their website for installation instructions. It took me less than 30 minutes to remove so I suspect it would take about the same to install. (I can't vouch for installation on a R56, check with MINI Do More before you purchase.)

$100, Paypal preferred. Can deliver in DC/Baltimore/No VA, or pick up in Mt. Airy, MD. PM if interested or if you have any questions. (I can bring to NCC Autocross on 4/6 if you want to see it.)

8605036808_d0c0990cc3_c.jpg

8605036204_42b07a05e2_z.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."-- Enzo Ferrari

Spec R53 Racing

GeorgeCo MINI Blog

I have asked MiniDoMore whether that will fit my 2004 MCS with back-up light. If it does, I might be interested.

I think it will fit, but you would lose the back-up light. Don't know if anyone makes a light that fits into the receiver.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spec R53 Racing

GeorgeCo MINI Blog

Ok I'm checking with my advisor (Dad) to see if he can install.

Instructions here. The hardest part is pulling off the fender trim to get to the screw that's concealed underneath. (Picture 3 in the linked document.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spec R53 Racing

GeorgeCo MINI Blog