Phobix

Weird squeaking noise after doing new suspension

Hey all,

I just wanted to ask if anyone has had this issue come up. Its a weird squeaking sound when I am driving. If I barely have my foot on the pedal I can hear it, but if I totally let off of the throttle, it goes away. I am thinking it MIGHT be the endlinks needing grease or maybe a bushing. Its THAT kind of squeak noise. I think it might also be the AC line since I lowered the car pretty low.

Anyway, any insight is appreciated. Craig, maybe I can stop by at some point and let you listen to it. Thanks all!

Devin

It's usually been one of the sway bar bushings getting dry but just to be sure, it would be a good idea to take a look at the front end to make sure it's not the A/C lines. That would be an expensive "oops".

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

yea, I had thought it was the AC line. I tied it up earlier and it seems as if the noise is gone. It was a strange noise that didnt seem to fit what I thought it would sound like if the line was being rubbed. I will keep an ear out for it, I hope its gone for good!

Sorry I didn't address coming by for me to "listen" to it. I'd be glad to give it a try but as many know, my hearing isn't all that good. I've got a "clunking" noise that I can't find so I've been getting Lona to listen (she's got hearing that's like ESP it's so good) for it so I can find it.

Sorry I didn't address coming by for me to "listen" to it. I'd be glad to give it a try but as many know, my hearing isn't all that good. I've got a "clunking" noise that I can't find so I've been getting Lona to listen (she's got hearing that's like ESP it's so good) for it so I can find it.

When I took Merlin out the other day, it seems like the clunking was coming from the Passenger Side - Rear. Is that what Lona is detecting?

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

Found the issue. My carrier bearing is blown. The best part is that I have to buy an entirely new axle rather then just get the bearing fixed. 7700 miles on the car and I am betting that because of aftermarket suspension that mini isn't going to want to cover this under warranty even though its HIGHLY unlikely that lowering the car caused this. I have decided to give passport a try as I am sure that MoCo won't cover this under warranty.

Found the issue. My carrier bearing is blown. The best part is that I have to buy an entirely new axle rather then just get the bearing fixed. 7700 miles on the car and I am betting that because of aftermarket suspension that mini isn't going to want to cover this under warranty even though its HIGHLY unlikely that lowering the car caused this. I have decided to give passport a try as I am sure that MoCo won't cover this under warranty.
Sorry to hear that bad news. At least you know what it is now, right? However, you do realize that MINI of Montgomery County and MINI of Alexandria are the same company, right? They are both "Passport" dealerships. That's not a criticism from me (I'm using PMoA currently), just trying to make sure you knew.

"Mr. OEM" - 05 JCW (TK, GPIC, SS, GPTA, R56 RSB, StBr, R56 BBK, GPWhls, SV, RS, R56 GSI, IES, StrWhl, GK, HG, LBIT) MCS, HB/HB, Packs: 1, 2, 3 & 4. LSD, Rear FL, LB/PB upholstery (inc. LB SB & HB), HB Int, Anth. HL, PDC, Nav. OEM: DPSM+Aux, SIRIUS, BT, RV Cam, Aux gauges, ILK, Alarm, AK, PFM, DL, SpLnk, CFD, CSL, BIW, R52 diag rods, EuroTL, EuroWT, EPS, EASM. AM: IanCullAUC, Intravee+KCA420i, SchrothR4, MM-STR.

License Plate: SUV2BIG MotoringID: CARVE129

I didn't know that, but what I do know is that PMoA is covering this under warranty and MoCo denied me warranty. Also, MoCo wanted to charge me 1 hour of labor ($130) to read an engine code. I took it to machV and they did it for free no problem. I also just asked PMoA if they would have charged me and they said "no way".

For any non warranty work I will be going to MachV from now on. Great guys.

I didn't know that, but what I do know is that PMoA is covering this under warranty and MoCo denied me warranty. Also, MoCo wanted to charge me 1 hour of labor ($130) to read an engine code. I took it to machV and they did it for free no problem. I also just asked PMoA if they would have charged me and they said "no way".

For any non warranty work I will be going to MachV from now on. Great guys.

Theoretically, it wouldn't matter which dealership you went to, they'd all have the same corporate policy but, as you've just shown, personalities are involved and that can/does change the results for the customer.

In the end though, I'm really glad that PMoA is coming through for you on this so you can get back on the road safely. As an "oh by the way" on codes and all - there are several of us around that have code scanners so that's always a resource. I know mine is always in the car so if anyone needs a check of codes or to have their ECU reset, it only takes a minute or two.

And, finally, I totally agree with you on Mach V and I'm really glad that we've gotten a new vendor agreement with them so we can keep them onboard as an official DCMM vendor.

Theoretically, it wouldn't matter which dealership you went to, they'd all have the same corporate policy but, as you've just shown, personalities are involved and that can/does change the results for the customer.

In the end though, I'm really glad that PMoA is coming through for you on this so you can get back on the road safely. As an "oh by the way" on codes and all - there are several of us around that have code scanners so that's always a resource. I know mine is always in the car so if anyone needs a check of codes or to have their ECU reset, it only takes a minute or two.

And, finally, I totally agree with you on Mach V and I'm really glad that we've gotten a new vendor agreement with them so we can keep them onboard as an official DCMM vendor.

Well, I needed one of the more extensive scanners. I have a Pcode scanner, but this wasn't a Pcode for some reason. It ended up being my forge blow off valve. I checked it and the ring was loose. I definitely appreciate the offer though =D