Nanite

No boost...

Blak had 2lbs boost...

I called Craig and told him. He told me to come over and we would troubleshoot the issue. We thought it might be the MAF Sensor so I cleaned it with some electrical contact cleaner. I wasn't the issue.

I told him I thought it might be a leak some where because I could hear a whistling noise but no boost. We pulled the DoS CAI and found the the grommet that goes around the turbo intake and inside the CAI had broke up into many pieces and been sucked into the turbo. We pulled the pieces out and made sure no more were in the turbo or the BOV.

We then needed to replace the destroyed grommet. Craig came up with the idea of wrapping the turbo intake with a bicycle inner tube. We split the inner tube to the width of the lip of the turbo intake and wrapped it around the intake. We then slipped the intake tube over it and tightened it down. (temporary fix)

12lbs of boost!!!

I don't know who to call Merlin... the car or the owner.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"BLAK" 2007 MCS , Hypersport Body Kit, Alta 3" Cat-back exhaust, DoS CAI - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

That's cool! nice ad hoc repair work !

2006 MCS, SB/S , "B.A."

• Performance: DINAN "Stage 5" tune, throttle body, boost kit (fuel pump, pulley), & CAI; JCW exhaust sans resonator, brakes, & GP IC; DDM IC diverter; CSF Racing Aluminum Radiator
  • Suspension: DINAN front strut brace; Alta 22mm rear bar; KW V1 coil-overs; H-Sport adjustable rear control arms; CravenSpeed strut underators
  • Interior: CravenSpeed gauge mounts with Cooper S boost and voltage, & shift well cover
  • Wheels: Enkei PF01 17"
  • Audio: Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 HU; MTX Terminator speakers F&B

Alan @ opensource.com

That new silicon intake tube will be a nice fit under the hood. I was really surprised at the way the inside of the OEM part came apart like that. We found two pieces, one of which had obviously been "chewed on" by the vanes of the turbo and the other piece was almost 1/2 of the entire part.

The bicycle tube (cut down and wrapped around the turbo inlet flange) increased the diameter enough that we could clamp the air inlet back onto it.

Nanite forgot to mention the 20+ minutes we spent finding and retrieving the bolt that was dropped... The up side is that he now knows how to remove the oil filter, diverter valve, coolant tank and a a few other items.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

I just told the interesting parts.....no one wanted to hear that I was going to get cracked upside the head if I dropped another one.

Unfortunately, the silicon intake tube Mach V sells isn't for R56's.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"BLAK" 2007 MCS , Hypersport Body Kit, Alta 3" Cat-back exhaust, DoS CAI - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ouch, Hopefully there was no damage to the turbo. Make sure you check the pin wheels when you get a chance. If there IS damage, there is a place that will rebuild the turbo for much cheaper than buying a new one. Could also get it upgraded to a K03/K04 hybrid =D

Ouch, Hopefully there was no damage to the turbo. Make sure you check the pin wheels when you get a chance. If there IS damage, there is a place that will rebuild the turbo for much cheaper than buying a new one. Could also get it upgraded to a K03/K04 hybrid =D

What kind of gains would a K03/K04 hybrid get me?

Let's just go to the GT28RS or the GT2871R. Then all I'll need is a tune and a few more mods and I'm pushing 350Hp. ($3K later)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]