68wmcs

MINI Shoot 09/10/12

Decided to drive around today and find places to take pictures of GREMLIN. There's nothing special with the photos, no editing(don't have software). Just rolled out with my Canon, yes you read that correctly Craig, CANON! :vroom:

Locations:

-Lorton Prison

-Animal Refuge in Lorton/Woodbridge(off Route 1)

-Back roads

IMG_5350.jpg

IMG_5365.jpg

IMG_5373.jpg

IMG_5383.jpg

IMG_5390.jpg

IMG_5396.jpg

Edited by 68wmcs

03 BRG MINI S: Sold!

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!

Looks like you and GREMLIN had fun!

That Canon shoots some nice images. If you ever do want anything processed just let me know.

We need to do another photo shoot day. I'd like to find an industrial park for some really fun urban types of shots.

If you'd like to take on the project, I wouldn't argue. :biggrin:

05 PW Scion xB: D2 Coilovers, XXR 531 16x8, Yakima rack, Yakima basket, WINK, Plaid interior, and a whopping 108 HP!

I'm trying to teach myself photoshop so I'd be happy to edit and enhance any image you want.

That would be cool, choose any of the above.

nice pics i like them you liking the exhuast

Love the exhaust, not annoying loud. Has a deep note to it that I enjoy. But I do have to wait till my hearing in my left ear comes back, since the surgery I can't hear out of that ear. :laugh:

That would be cool, choose any of the above.

Love the exhaust, not annoying loud. Has a deep note to it that I enjoy. But I do have to wait till my hearing in my left ear comes back, since the surgery I can't hear out of that ear. :laugh:

o thats right

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

Any Mac users out there that can recommend quality photo editing software at a decent price?

I know of Photoshop but not sure which to choose from if any.

Mike - if you are looking for simple photo editing, you can save a boat load of money by using GIMP. It's free, open source and it's pretty darn good. After that, the next step would be Adobe Photoshop Elements.

I'm not certain but I think Picassa has some image editing capabilities too.

Like Ali, I'm using CS6 because I'm going into greater detail and I need what it brings to the game.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Mike - if you are looking for simple photo editing, you can save a boat load of money by using GIMP. It's free, open source and it's pretty darn good. After that, the next step would be Adobe Photoshop Elements.

I'm not certain but I think Picassa has some image editing capabilities too.

Like Ali, I'm using CS6 because I'm going into greater detail and I need what it brings to the game.

You also want to think about if you want professional software or consumer. However, Elements is pretty decent for a consumer product.

I still say if your'e going to shoot a lot, get Lightroom!!!

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

+1 for light room if youre doing basic photo editing its great. and if you are a student you get it for cheaper which is always good got mine for 100 bucks compared to 200 photoshop is 200 compared to 400. student discounts rock

STella- 14' Focus ST Roush CAI, Cobb access port stage1 tune, custom Ptuning 3" exhuast, Levels FMIC, Turbosmart BOV, rally armor mud flaps, more to come.

LR has basic photo editing abilities but it's not meant for that purpose. It's kind of like building spreadsheets in Word and documents in Excel. LR is a workflow management tool that happens to have those basic editing tools.

Elements is a much more powerful editing application that will meet or exceed the needs of about 75% of the people out there.

I still say GIMP (http://www.gimp.org/) is a very viable option and if ya don't like it, it didn't cost anything.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

Lightroom is great

+1 for light room if youre doing basic photo editing its great. and if you are a student you get it for cheaper which is always good got mine for 100 bucks compared to 200 photoshop is 200 compared to 400. student discounts rock

LR has basic photo editing abilities but it's not meant for that purpose. It's kind of like building spreadsheets in Word and documents in Excel. LR is a workflow management tool that happens to have those basic editing tools.

Elements is a much more powerful editing application that will meet or exceed the needs of about 75% of the people out there.

I still say GIMP (http://www.gimp.org/) is a very viable option and if ya don't like it, it didn't cost anything.

Thanks everyone, you all helped me out a lot with the information. Craig, I downloaded GIMP and will be messing around with its editing tools tomorrow.

Great pictures Mike!

Thank you. Realized I get lazy after work, since I'm still on vacation decided to take pictures before I go back to work on Wed.

Went scouting for good locations to take pictures for a future shoot with Hilary.

Full set can be viewed on my PB:

http://s1090.beta.photobucket.com/user/Michael_Ibarra/library/12JAN2013

IMG_5530_zps384a72f5.jpg

IMG_5528_zpsd49000fd.jpg

IMG_5544_zpsc389a702.jpg

IMG_5518_zpsc2c90bc1.jpg

IMG_5500_zps18a369d9.jpg

IMG_5490_zps927d5791.jpg

IMG_5461_zpsdcb50827.jpg

You guys got some great shots. Where were they taken?

It was just me that went out looking. Locations include VRE off rte 1 in Woodbridge, Springfield Mall parking lot, back roads near Ft. Belvoir, and Arlington area.

It was just me that went out looking. Locations include VRE off rte 1 in Woodbridge, Springfield Mall parking lot, back roads near Ft. Belvoir, and Arlington area.

You really should organize the next photo shoot. I'll be happy to help.

None of those locations are very far. I found last year that you don't want a big geographical distance just because we all get excited and take lots of time at each stop. Maybe if we did the Woodbridge, Springfield, Ft Belvoir areas which are all pretty close. Set it up Mike!!!! :biggrin:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

You really should organize the next photo shoot. I'll be happy to help.

None of those locations are very far. I found last year that you don't want a big geographical distance just because we all get excited and take lots of time at each stop. Maybe if we did the Woodbridge, Springfield, Ft Belvoir areas which are all pretty close. Set it up Mike!!!! :biggrin:

I'd like to organize a shoot, but the way I find locations is by driving around and getting lost. I spent about 4 hours driving around yesterday, I went from Woodbridge all the way into D.C. I'm going to see if I can get access to the Lorton Prison where I had my last shoot.

Thanks for doing this! You found really great spots!! Now I just need some good weather so I can wash the Subie and Johnny. It will be fun to take them both out for pics together :)

No problem Hilary, I had fun while doing it. Gave me a reason to get out of the house that day. Haha