Nanite

MINI Noobie in Northern VA

You-if-ication!!!

You do what you want with your MINI, don't let anyone bully you into de-chroming. Audrey and Greg have enhanced the chrome their MINIs and are very happy with it.

If we all blacked out we would all start to look the same.

I'm getting rid of chrome on my Tigger, but usually with body color or gunmetal.

Just enjoy your baby, that's the important part. :biggrin:

Tigger 2006 the cabrio and Riversong the 2014 Countryman

Tggrrr010.jpg

CMCVEAY, Thanks for the info. I was sure it's an R56, but the "one touch up /down windows" don't seen to work on Blak or I just don't have "the touch" for doing it correctly yet. I'll look into the AutoSport +. 2007 FULLY loaded with a few EXTRAS and less than 30K miles....what a steal!

TGGRRR, I was looking at the DoS website last night and find their CAI setup interesting. More research is definitely in order. I'll have to go meet those Mach V guys (since I've already decided that they are going to do most [if not all] of the work on Blak). I'm leaning towards having mostly Alta parts installed since I love the exhaust and since I'm going to have the Alta Boos & Water Temp gauges installed.

Rickyr53, it might be lowered...not sure. I do know that it feels like I can drive over a dime and tell you if its on heads or tails. Has tinted windows & stubby antenna. Flies like the wind! I really love the sound of the Alta exhaust. Not sure if I'll ever use the driving lights but I like the look.

Maybe I come to one of your meet & greets and find out just what I have. Yeah, I'm seriously considering joining DCMM.

If the windows aren't working with the one touch, I can help you out with that as I'm able to code many functions on the 2nd Gen.

If you'd like to hear a DOS intake first hand, drop in sometime and you can have a ride in Merlin. Some (like me) like the sound and some really don't like it.

As far as chrome or no chrome? That really is up to you. I'm always happy to help folks get rid of chrome because I'm not attracted to it at all but if you like it - I'm not gonna throw stones for it.

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon "Homer"

2012 MB/CR JCW R55 "Merlin" Sold

2009 LB/LB R56 "Archie" Sold

If the windows aren't working with the one touch, I can help you out with that as I'm able to code many functions on the 2nd Gen.

If you'd like to hear a DOS intake first hand, drop in sometime and you can have a ride in Merlin. Some (like me) like the sound and some really don't like it.

As far as chrome or no chrome? That really is up to you. I'm always happy to help folks get rid of chrome because I'm not attracted to it at all but if you like it - I'm not gonna throw stones for it.

I love the sound of the DOS CAI, it sounds like Darth Vader...

Tggrrr010.jpg

LostDenverite - Yes it is....(The chrome stays.)

Cmcveay - Thanks. I'm not too sure about why the one up/down doesn't work. I'm still new to all of this settings stuff. You said drop in sometime...where are you located? I might take you and Merlin up on that ride.I didn't think I'd like the sound of the Alta 3" exhaust (I hate fart pipes on little vehicles they sound like push mowers) but Blak growls when I'm driving. I love that sound!!!

Tggrrr - I think I'm going to take Cmcveay and Merlin up on a ride because I think I'm going to purchase a DoS CAI from a recent contact.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"BLAK" 2007 MCS , Hypersport Body Kit, Alta 3" Cat-back exhaust, DoS CAI - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

LostDenverite - Yes it is....(The chrome stays.)

Cmcveay - Thanks. I'm not too sure about why the one up/down doesn't work. I'm still new to all of this settings stuff. You said drop in sometime...where are you located? I might take you and Merlin up on that ride.I didn't think I'd like the sound of the Alta 3" exhaust (I hate fart pipes on little vehicles they sound like push mowers) but Blak growls when I'm driving. I love that sound!!!

Tggrrr - I think I'm going to take Cmcveay and Merlin up on a ride because I think I'm going to purchase a DoS CAI from a recent contact.

Merlin is one Bad MINI, you'll enjoy meeting him....:biggrin:

Tggrrr010.jpg

Welcome!

I also have a 2007 and we do NOT have the auto up. I don't believe it's one of the things that can be coded, either. They made the change to the 2nd gens during the refresh to include it.

Thanks GreenCactus.

So I either need a board add-on or I have to do without. (Perhaps Cmcveay & Merlin can work some Blak magic.)

Tggrrr has piqued my interest in meeting one bad MINI named Merlin.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"BLAK" 2007 MCS , Hypersport Body Kit, Alta 3" Cat-back exhaust, DoS CAI - ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Welcome, welcome.

I'm late joining the welcome wagon. I just got back from a long weekend (5 day) in Ocean City with the family.

Blak is nice and I know Route 9 from 81 to Berkeley Springs very well and it is fun. Actually, Hedgesville to Berkeley Springs is the fun part.

A few of us work or live in and around Reston and if we don't see you around town I hope that Ernie and Blak get to meet at a future M&G or run. :top:

image.php?u=1000&type=sigpic&dateline=13

Ernie McStreet's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/erniemcs.street

Thanks GreenCactus.

So I either need a board add-on or I have to do without. (Perhaps Cmcveay & Merlin can work some Blak magic.)

Tggrrr has piqued my interest in meeting one bad MINI named Merlin.

Welcome, Nanite, from a fellow "new guy!"

Sadly, my R59 has auto-down, but not auto up. It's something I would like to have, as well, but I'm pretty sure there's something to do with being a soft top.

Thanks for the warm welcome Bert & Ernie and TheMichael.

My Boo LOVES Ernie's hair-doo in your sig.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The auto up can be coded so that won't be a problem.

We are in Fairfax, not far from George Mason University.

Blak shivered with excitement!!!!!

(I heard Blak humming.....

.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My MINI has that effect on me. You couldn't wipe the smile off my face with a Peterbuilt.

Tell me about strut supports "shrooming." What's that all about? Is it a real issue or rare? What's the deal with sway bars.

Another question: How do you know where to drive in Autocross? Seems like I would get turned around and lost in all of those cones with no lines.

Holla!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My MINI has that effect on me. You couldn't wipe the smile off my face with a Peterbuilt.

Tell me about strut supports "shrooming." What's that all about? Is it a real issue or rare? What's the deal with sway bars.

Another question: How do you know where to drive in Autocross? Seems like I would get turned around and lost in all of those cones with no lines.

Holla!

They call that smile the permagrin :biggrin:

The shrooming is real and the prevention is cheap. At least I know it's an issue for the first gens, I thought second also, but I'm a first gen driver.

Sway bars help the rear of your car come around faster in a turn, our front wheel drives are prone to understeer.

You just have to keep going to autocross, and take the school and some how the cones start to make sense. It just happens

Tggrrr010.jpg

The auto up can be coded so that won't be a problem.

We are in Fairfax, not far from George Mason University.

Is that possible in an R59 as well??? If so, there's a party that needs to happen to do the codes and maybe smoke the fender lights! :top:

Edited by TheMichael

Now I'm reading about JCW strut tower bars & plates and adding 1.0 degree of camber.

I fear that Blak has injected me with some form of MINI Cooper S NANITE technology. I see my my bank balance moving inversely proportional to my smile.

Help!!! {Blak giggles ever so slightly)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Now I'm reading about JCW strut tower bars & plates and adding 1.0 degree of camber.

I fear that Blak has injected me with some form of MINI Cooper S NANITE technology. I see my my bank balance moving inversely proportional to my smile.

Help!!! {Blak giggles ever so slightly)

We are of no help in restraining people from mods here

Tggrrr010.jpg

This is all so daunting, I want to have my cake and eat it too. I want a great ride, :motor: great performance & handling AND I want to blister egos from light to light. :hahaha:

Decisions,,,,decisions.....:banghead:

(And Blak says in her best Darth Vader impersonation "Nanite, use the force.")

Bottom line - The Alta Boost & EGT gauges are going to be my first additions to Blak. Who know where we go from there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

shrooming isnt really a problem with second gens, but if it makes you feel better you can put a strut bar on and that will not just prevent shrooming but also add more stability to the front, that way you can justify spending the money because it's "preventive maintenance" not modding :wink:

as far as sway bars theyre pretty cool, and they do help take turns fast unless your back tires are worn then its like driving a rear wheel drive car!! :top:

Strut tower plates & bar as a "preventative measure"........seems.....to take the bite out of the price tag. We'll see where that path leads to. The issue that some people seem to have with rubbing between the strut bar and the CAI has my attention and requires further research.Throw in a Rear Sway Bar to boot (Haha, no pun intended), and Blak is shaping up to be a MORE SERIOUS joy to drive than I've ever imagined.

As a matter of fact, this is the most I've cared to give concern to as far as ANY automobile that I've owned (and I've owned MANY).

Tell me about this 1.0 degree camber.....

Is it all it's touted as being in the 6speed & motoringunderground forums? How will it affect tire wear? What are the positives & negatives of changing factory camber?

Holla!

(I figure I'll limit my spending to around four Ben Franklin's a month until I've satisfied my modding fever.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

as far as strut bars rubbing on intakes it just depends which ones you get, paired the right way there shouldnt be a problem, like my DoS intake came off a car that had a M7 strut bar and he didnt have any rubbing problems

as for camber i dont know much but any change is camber is going to effect your wear on tires

Yep, as Celia said, the DOS clears the M7 strut bar - that's the same setup that I have. I had to modify my previous CAI to clear the strut bar as it tapped on it when I was in reverse and it was just a little too close for comfort otherwise. I'm trying to remember which it was. I remembered! DDM Street Works intake. The front end of the airbox and the M7 cross brace tried to occupy the same space...

The change in camber will help with understeer in extreme driving conditions but too much and it get's really twitchy on the road for daily driving. It also increases tire wear. There's a happy medium, it's usually a little change in the camber and other suspension mods that help without changing the geometry.

Edited by cmcveay

Yep, as Celia said, the DOS clears the M7 strut bar - that's the same setup that I have. I had to modify my previous CAI to clear the strut bar as it tapped on it when I was in reverse and it was just a little too close for comfort otherwise. I'm trying to remember which it was.

The change in camber will help with understeer in extreme driving conditions but too much and it get's really twitchy on the road for daily driving. It also increases tire wear. There's a happy medium, it's usually a little change in the camber and other suspension mods that help without changing the geometry.

We will definitely talk more about CAI, strut bars & camber during the code-in.

(Operator...code-in.......)

(silence)

(code-in, please.......)

(long silence)

(this is Jason........Jason Bourne..........)

(So...this is MINI....MINI Blak)

(Jason experiences spinal shivers...cold sweat...goose bumps...)

(line goes dead...)

(Blak mumbles....that's what I thought...)

:rofl:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We will definitely talk more about CAI, strut bars & camber during the code-in.

(Operator...code-in.......)

(silence)

(code-in, please.......)

(long silence)

(this is Jason........Jason Bourne..........)

(So...this is MINI....MINI Blak)

(Jason experiences spinal shivers...cold sweat...goose bumps...)

(line goes dead...)

(Blak mumbles....that's what I thought...)

:rofl:

Okay, that was funny. I've heard stories about Chuck Norris being envious of the MINI...